Day 1: Australia - New York
Board a connecting flight via Los Angeles/San Francisco/Vancouver to New York JFK or Newark Airport. Upon arrival, you will be greeted at the airport by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: New York -West Point Academy -Woodbury Premium Outlet
Drive north to West Point Academy (United States Military Academy), probably the most well-known of all commissioning programs (but the hardest to qualify for) and take a guided tour# (at your own expense) to experience the sweep of America’s history. Then, spend a few hours at the best and largest premium outlet in the world – Woodbury Premium Outlet to “shop until you drop”.
Day 3: New York Today, enjoy a tour of the city’s most famous sights: Liberty Cruise# at your own expense) to see the most famous landmark of the country –the Statue of Liberty, the Financial District, Observation Deck# at Empire State Building (at your own expense), Times Square,Central Park and Fifth Avenue.Tonight you might have an opportunity to watch a live NBA Basketball Game ▲New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets, at your own expense) in New York, or see a Broadway Show▲ Blue Man, Jersey Boys, Phantom of the Opera, or Chicago (at your own expense). Musicals, slapstick and drama have been performed on the Great White Way for decades and you are depriving yourself if you don’t take one in.
Day 4: Philadelphia - Washington D.C.
Follow the footsteps to independence in Philadelphia and view see the Liberty Bell. Carry on to the U.S. Capital – Washington D.C. and join an optional tour to visit the U.S. Capitol# (at your own expense), the meeting place of the United States Congress, the legislature of the federal government of the United States (subject to clearance or International Spy Museum and Jefferson Memorial if the US Capitol is unavailable), view the White House from a distance and visit the Lincoln Memorial and the nearby Korean and Vietnam War Memorials.
Day 5: Washington D.C. - Hershey Chocolate World - Coming Glass Museum- Niagara Falls
Region Head north to Hershey in Pennsylvania, and visit the famous Hershey’s Chocolate World to learn how their chocolate is made, and taste the latest product. In the afternoon visit the largest glass museum in the world – the Corning Glass Museum# and watch the live glass-making show. This evening, cross the US border and proceed to the Canadian side of the Niagara River in the province of Ontario.
Day 6: Niagara Falls -Toronto
This morning, board the Maid of the Mist#(subject to favourable weather and river conditions) for a thrilling boat ride to view the thundering falls from river level. Then watch an IMAX movie# (Legends and Daredevils, subject to change) to learn Niagara Falls’ incredible stories. At noon enjoy an optional signature Lunch at Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room# offering panoramic views of the whole Niagara Falls region. Afterwards, head to the largest city in Canada – Toronto and enjoy a visit to the top of the famous landmark Canadian National Tower#, one of the Seven Modern Wonders of the World, for great views of Toronto’s harbour and skyline.
Day 7: Toronto - Thousand Islands - Albany
Drive to The Thousand Islands, situated between Canada and the United States along the St. Lawrence River. There are actually 1,864 individual islands dotting the region. Take a cruise in the Canadian Thousand Island region# (which features the more famous sights and views of The Thousand Islands, including the renowned and romantic Boldt Castle). Then, cross the border at Thousand Islands Bridge and enter the United States. Continue onto Albany, the capital of New York State.
Day 8: Albany - New York - Australia
This morning, visit New York State Capitol, which has served as the seat of government for New York since the 1880s. The building is a marvel of late 19th century architectural grandeur, built by hand of solid masonry over a period of 25 years. Continue south into New York City and on to JFK or Newark airport to board your overnight connecting flight via Los Angeles/San Francisco/Vancouver to Australia.
Day 9: In Flight
In flight. The trip may be over but the experiences and memories will certainly last a lifetime.
Day 10: Arrive home.
Optional admission # at an extra cost
▲ Prepayment is required to gauge interest for the show packages.
You can purchase a meal package which includes 7 x Breakfasts , 1 lunch & 5 x Restaurant dinners at check out for an extra $380 AUD pp
Cancellation by Customer
All cancellations must be made in writing to Nexus Holidays and will be subject to the following cancellation charges from the date the written cancellation is received:
SET DEPARTURES DATES
- 90 days or more prior to departure; loss of deposit plus administration fees plus the cost of the air and cruise tickets.
- 89-61 days prior to departure; loss of deposit and 50% of total booking cost plus the cost of the air and cruise tickets.
- 60-31 days prior to departure; loss of deposit and 75% of total booking cost plus the cost of the air and cruise tickets.
- 30 days or less prior to departure; loss of deposit and 100% of total booking cost plus the cost of the air and cruise tickets.
- In the event of a cancellation, any refunds will be less administration fees including visa, transfer fees, airline cancellation fees, credit card processing fees and any applicable amendment fees.
- Regrettably cancellation charges and fees cannot be waived.
- There can be no exceptions.
- No refund will be made for any unused portions of the holiday after the departure date.
- A single supplement is payable for any cancellations whereby the remaining occupant(s) require single room(s).
- Quad Share: Hotel rooms compromise two double beds sleeping up to a maximum of four persons ( whether adults or children)
- All prices, itineraries, airlines, hotels and cruise ships are subject to availability and change without prior notice.
- Nexus Holidays reserves the right to provide substitutes of similar standard and adjust the itinerary as we see fit to ensure the smooth running of the tour.
- Itinerary and sites to be visited are subject to change due to local and seasonal conditions, time and other unforeseen constraints beyond our control.
- Passengers must remain with the tour group at all times and must not deviate from the set itinerary.
- The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
- Please check all information before booking.
Please note: Seasonal Surcharges: * $300, ** $500
2017 Departures2018 Departures
- March: 10
- April: 28
- May: 19
- June: 02
- July: 21 **
- August: 11, 25
- September: 01*
- October: 06
- November: 03
Please note all our holidays are subject to availability
at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the My Discoveries Booking Guarantee applies. The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee
means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.
If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.