Day 1 - Hanoi Arrival
Begin your journey by embarking on your international flight to Hanoi. Upon arrival at Noi Bai International Airport you will be met by your tour manager and be transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for your full day tour tomorrow.
Day 2 - Hanoi
Today you will embark on a city tour featuring Hanoi’s most famous sites including; Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (outside view), One Pillar Pagoda, and the Temple of Literature - Vietnam’s first university. Enjoy a cyclo ride around the Old Quarter in the afternoon and appreciate the local lifestyles as you wind through Hanoi’s streets. Afterwards, enjoy a Water Puppet Show - a traditional form of Vietnamese folk art, before tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 3 - Hanoi, Halong Bay
Today you will travel by coach to Halong Bay
and take a boat trip to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders, cruising past thousands of limestone islands filled with caves of all shapes and sizes. The sails of junks and sampans gliding along the emerald waters of the bay create a picturesque scene that blends with the sky. You will also have the opportunity to visit some of the hidden grottoes beneath the towering cliffs.
Day 4 - Halong Bay, Hanoi
Enjoy a morning of leisure or join an optional food tour
to sample tasty local delicacies
. Later you will be transferred back to Hanoi. Day 5 - Hanoi, Danang, Hoi An
Today, you will take a morning flight to Danang. Upon arrival transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage listed town of Hoi An
, stopping en route at the Marble Mountains
to enjoy the stunning view of Danang. An important trading route between the 15th and 19th centuries, Hoi An is a unique blend of culture, cuisine and architecture
. Step back in time as you wander the narrow streets of this charming former trading port, with its ancient covered bridges and temples.
Day 6 - Hoi An
Today you will explore Hoi An on foot, visiting an old merchant’s home, the Japanese Covered Bridge, Hoi An Market and a local Chinese temple
. Enjoy an afternoon of leisure to wander through the town or relax at one of the many cafés along the picturesque Thu Bon River
. Day 7 -Hoi An, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
Today you will fly to Ho Chi Minh City
(formerly Saigon). Upon arrival, enjoy a city tour that includes; Notre Dame Cathedral, City Hall, Central Post Office and Ben Thanh Market
.Day 8 -Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta
Today you are free to discover the local life in the bustling city Saigon at your own pace. You may also choose to join the optional tour to Mekong Delta
. On the tour you will travel to Ben Tre
to discover the unique lifestyle of inhabitants living along the Mekong Delta. Visit fruit and bonsai gardens
, a coconut candy workshop and a rice paper mill. Bike ride or travel by horse carriage along the village road and enjoy local delicacies and tropical fruits, before you head back to Saigon in the afternoon.
Note: Lunch will be included if you join the day tour to Mekong Delta
Day 9-10 - Cu Chi Tunnels, Depart Ho Chi Minh City
Today, you will have a half day visiting Cu Chi Tunnels. At its height, the tunnel system stretched over 250km from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centres and kitchens. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction and give visitors a feel for what life was like during the Vietnam War. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before transferring to Saigon for your scheduled flight home. You will arrive home the following day. We hope you enjoyed your journey to Vietnam with us!
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post-purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once air tickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when travelling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
Can I arrive a day early to rest and relax?
- Yes. SNA are now offering a 1-day early arrival “rest and relaxation” upgrade for $125/person. You will get to have 1 meal and a full day of rest in your arrival city hotel. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and to add this to your booking.