Explore multiple Chinese provinces without worrying about packing and unpacking. Discover the beauty of China as you cruise the majestic Yangtze River. With state of the art facilities and cabins, you will visit once-in-a-lifetime sites that will become memories you will cherish forever. Before you e...
- Amazing opportunity to see the famous Pandas of Chengdu Sanctuary
- 4-night Luxury cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
- International Flights included from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane
- Lots of optional excursions available while cruising so you can choose your own adventure
- Multiple departure dates in 2018
Begin your journey with your international flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival at the Chengdu International Airport, you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The remaining day is free for your individual activities. Get a good night’s sleep in your hotel ahead of your journey tomorrow.
PANDA SANCTUARY & HOT POT DINNER
Famous for its breeding program and home of the Giant Pandas and their gorgeous cousins, the Red Pandas, tour the Chengdu Panda Sanctuary. Includes transport to and from the sanctuary, entrance fee, traditional Sichuan hotpot dinner and English-speaking guide.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Today you will travel from Chengdu to Yichang by Bullet Train. Upon arrival, you will board the Yangtze River Cruise ship and begin your memorable 4-night cruise down the Yangtze River.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE - THREE GORGES DAM
Start the morning with a Thai Chi lesson on board in the presence of the beautiful Three Gorges Dam. Spend your day out on an optional excursion or relax on board the cruise ship. This evening you will return to the ship and attend the Captain’s Welcome Banquet and enjoy the evening entertainment with a Chinese dancing ball.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Optional Activity: Excursion - Three Gorges Dam Site ($85 per person): The Three Gorges Dam Site is one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind and is the biggest hydropower project in the world.
Optional Activity: Excursion - Tribe of the Three Gorges ($85 per person): You may also want to visit the Tribe of the Three Gorges, the only large scenic spot that has not been influenced by the Three Gorges Dam project, which showcases the abundant Ba Culture and Shu Culture.
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE - LESSER THREE GORGES
Today, you may choose to embark on the exciting optional excursions or opt for a leisure day on board the ship. The afternoon will see you continuing to cruise into the western section of Xiling Gorge.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Optional Activity: Excursion – Lesser Three Gorges ($85 per person): Explore the Lesser Three Gorges, a shining pearl hidden in remote mountains. You will leave your cruise ship and board smaller vessels to sail through the narrower and breathtaking Lesser Three Gorges region, lined by sheer cliffs and mountains. Along the Yangtze River, you will appreciate the beauty of the Qutang Gorge and Wu Gorge and visit the ancient plank road, Mengliang Stairway and the Hanging Coffins.
Optional Activity: Excursion – White Emperor City ($85 per person): You may also choose the optional excursion to visit the White Emperor City, an ancient temple that is located atop Baidi Mountain on the northern bank of the Yangtze River in Fengjie County.
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE - FENGDU GHOST CITY
Today you will pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan. Participate in the optional excursion or relax by the pool, pamper yourself with a massage and make the most of the last full day on your ship. Tonight, enjoy the farewell dinner and pack your bags in preparation for disembarking tomorrow.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Optional Activity: Excursion – Fengdu Ghost City ($85 per person): Today’s optional excursion is the Fengdu Ghost City to see why it’s regarded as the “City of Ghosts.” The temples built on Ming Mountain depict the punish instruments and demon paintings, demonstrating the Chinese people’s imagination of hell.
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home or you may choose to extend your stay and continue to explore the mesmerising cities of China, including: Beautiful Beijing, sensational Shanghai and of course, the home of the Terracotta Warriors, historic Xi’an.
The Yangtze Gold Cruise fleet has been designed with concepts and technology that you might expect to see on an ocean cruise.
The ship has a capacity of 570 passengers, is 24 metres wide and 150 metres long. Yangtze Gold Cruise ship contains 181 luxury cabins which are 24m2 and some have a private balcony.
Large two-tier Movie Theatre,
A hydraulic pressure lifting chimney and retractable sunshades
Retail pedestrian street in the centre of the ship containing luxury stores, a supermarket of local products, a dessert shop and even a coffee bar.
Departures from Sydney & Melbourne: China Southern Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Air China and Xiamen Airlines
Departure from Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide: Cathay Pacific, China Southern
Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until 3 weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
China is such a huge country with a very diverse climates. Spring from March to May, and Autumn from are September to early November are the best months to travel.
Your Land accommodation is 4 to 5 star rating. Your accommodation name will be provided to you a week before travel.
- International airfares
- All domestic and international transfers in China
- Meals: 6 breakfast, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- 6 nights accommodation in 4 or 5-star hotels
- Private coach transportation with air conditioning
- Experienced, English speaking guides
- Tour Tipping is included
- Add-on excursions and optional tours
- Evening entertainment.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
- Telecom or other Internet (wifi) communication
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
- Multiple departures in 2018 & 2019
- Undecided option available. Purchase this option and get in touch with the Tour Operator to confirm what date you wish to travel in 2018.
- As a minimum mobility guideline from SNA Tours, passengers should be able to walk unassisted for 30-45 minutes or the equivalent of four flights of stairs, as well as manage own luggage and be able to embark and disembark from bus or coach.
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Please note all our holidays are subject to availability at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the My Discoveries Booking Guarantee applies. The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- MyDiscoveries members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy- Simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10 on www.insureandgo.com.au
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier's shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your online booking form from the supplier. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
What about visa(s)?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU
or CALL 1300 404 606
The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.