7 Day Australia & Tasmania Cruise on the Norwegian Jewel
Enjoy the best of Australia's southeast coast, including beautiful Tasmania. Before departing from Sydney, be sure to take time to cross the city's world-famous harbour bridge and go for a swim at Bondi Beach. In Hobart, stroll the amazing Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, teeming with exotic flora ...
- Discover Hobart, Tasmania's capital city, that blends culture, historical sites and a vibrant artistic community against a backdrop of staggering natural beauty.
- Stay in the cabin that's right for you! Choose from Inside, Oceanview, Balcony Cabins and Mini Suite
- Journey to the Tasman Peninsula to explore the island's beautiful wilderness and perhaps spot the famed Tasmanian Devil.
- All meals included
- Departs 13 Dec 2018
- Looking for flights or are interested in solo, triple & quad prices? We can arrange prices for you. call us on 1300 404 100
Day 1: Thu Sydney, Australia
Embark: 6:45 pm
Sydney's harbour is a thriving hub with so much to see and do. You'll want to explore the harbour area, home of the iconic Opera House, admire the skyline, and take a dip at one of the harbour beaches. Want to see surfing? Grab your sunblock and towel and spend the day on world-famous Bondi Beach, or take a scenic walk on the coast from Bondi to Coogee Beach. The Rocks district is a shopper's mecca offering a wide variety of goods, from woodcrafts and unique art to outback fashions.
Day 2: Fri At Sea
Day 3: Sat Burnie (Tasmania), Australia
Arrives: 7:00 am - Departs: 5:00 pm
A community of artisans on the northwest coast of Tasmania, Burnie has long a history as a community that makes things, with locally crafted European-style cheeses, fine papers, ceramics and single-malt whisky. Surrounded by accessible wilderness areas, in Burnie you can still get a glimpse of little penguins and the platypus, a duck-billed mammal, in the wild. The vibrant shopping district spills onto the beach where you can sit down at a café and watch the world slow down for a little while.
Day 4: Sun Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Arrives: 11:00 am
Departs: 9:00 pm
Hobart is Tasmania's capital city that blends culture, historical sites and a vibrant artistic community against a backdrop of staggering natural beauty. Get a taste of local life by strolling Salamanca Place in Sullivan's Cove - a cobblestone square bustling with art galleries, boutique shops, restaurants and live music. Journey to the Tasman Peninsula to explore the island's beautiful wilderness and perhaps spot the famed Tasmanian Devil.
Day 5: Mon At Sea
Tue Melbourne, Australia
Arrives: 9:00 am
Departs: 10:00 pm
Once the richest city in the world thanks to a gold rush, Melbourne is Australia's cultural capital with striking architecture, chic galleries and boutiques. Wave at a wallaby or get close to a koala at a wildlife park. Feel closer to the land on a ride on the Puffing Billy steam locomotive through the mountains and countryside. Back in the city, explore a different culture and visit Chinatown - the oldest one in the West.
Wed At Sea
Thu Sydney, Australia
Disembarks: 6:30 am
Take the day to explore all the things you didn't have a chance to tick off before departing this wonderful city.
- As the namesake of "Jewel Class" cruise ships, you can bet Norwegian Jewel has got it all. As well as offering some of the largest suites at sea, there are staterooms to accommodate every style. When it comes to entertainment, this ship's filled with excitement: 16 dining options, 15 bars and nightclubs and that's just the beginning. Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!
- Serving a wide variety of culinary delights to please every palate, complimentary dining options include two main dining rooms, a help-yourself buffet and a variety of casual cafés, grills and on-the-go choices. Plus, Main Dining Rooms offer a menu that changes daily, Chef's Signature Dishes and carefully selected wine recommendations, guaranteeing a different culinary adventure with every visit.
- Enjoy a night of gastronomic proportions at one of our many speciality restaurants. Sip your favourite cocktail as you select from choice cuts of Certified Angus Beef® at Cagney's Steakhouse. Enjoy delicious pasta made with the freshest ingredients in rustic and chic Italian eatery, La Cucina. Or savour French cuisine at Le Bistro. No matter what you choose, our specialty dining options feature the tastes you'll crave.
- Inside Staterooms are the most affordable way to cruise. There's room includes two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and of course, you'll have room service and many other amenities.
- Oceanview Staterooms have either a picture window or porthole, with an obstructed view. Two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and additional bedding to accommodate two more.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass doors open to a balcony with stunning views. So enjoy beautiful sunrises, breathtaking sunsets and a cozy and comfortable room designed with you in mind.
- Stay in these Mini-Suites that come with a sitting area, luxury bath with shower, two queen-size beds Not to mention you'll have a private balcony to enjoy the incredible view.
Travelling with Children
- Norwegian Cruise Line has a dedicated team of experienced professionals who are available to assist guests with disabilities and other challenges before, during and even after your cruise. Please ask us for more information.
- Experience an unforgettable family holiday with Norwegian Cruise Line®. From dodgeball to cupcake decorating, there are lots of activities all over our ships for every age group. Plus, kids can learn to juggle at Circus School in Splash Academy and teens have the coolest themed parties in Entourage - our complimentary youth programmes. These are the moments you'll remember.
- 7 days aboard the Norwegian Jewel
- All shipboard main meals (excluding speciality restaurants)
- All port and government charges
- All entertainment onboard (with the exception of dinner and lunch theatre entertainment)
- Art Auctions
- Poolside activities
- Access to fitness facilities
- Select onboard presentations
- Sports Court activities
- Use of outdoor pools and hot tubs
- Travel Insurance
- Prepaid Service Charges
- Specialty Restaurant Cover Charge
- Shore Excursions
- Valid for travel 13 Dec 2018
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Please note all our holidays are subject to availability at time of booking. Should your dates not be available please note the My Discoveries Booking Guarantee applies. The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- MyDiscoveries members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy- Simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10 on www.insureandgo.com.au
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
All international destinations - All visa details obtained through smart traveler
Visas for Australians travelling overseas
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country.We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can't get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we'll give you your money back, no questions asked.
Videos & Photos
Credit: Norwegian Cruise Line
Credit: Norwegian Cruise Line