Multiple dates in 2018 & 2019
- Flights included on Tianjin Airline, Sichuan Airline or Hainan Airline from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide
- Travel with English speaking guide
- Select meals and excursions throughout the tour
Return international airfares from Australia
All domestic transfers in China
Experienced, English speaking guides
7 nights’ accommodation in 4- to 5- star hotels
Tours and excursions as specified in the itinerary
Private coach transportation
Departure dates in 2018:
- Dec: 07
Departure dates in 2019:
- Mar: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- May: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Jun: 07, 14
- Day 1 Flight from Australia to China
- Day 2 Arrive in Chongqing.
- Day 3 Chongqing – Tianjin / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Day 4 Tianjin – Beijing, Temple of Heaven Hutong / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 5 The Great Wall, Beijing / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 6 Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City, Beijing – Tianjin / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 7 Tianjin to Xi’an / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 8 Xi’an -Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 9 Flight from Xi’an back to Australia / Meals: Breakfast.
- Chongqing: 88 Eling Park Hotel or similar
- Tianjin: Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Tianjin or similar
- Beijing: Crowne Plaza Hotel & Resort or similar
- Xi’an: Grand Noble Hotel or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2018 & 2019 available to choose from.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking. Rest assured, should your dates not be available, the Booking Guarantee applies.
- Dates are subject to availability at time of booking. We recommend you be quick to redeem your holiday and increase your chances of getting your preferred dates locked in!
- Voucher is for one person based on single or twin /double occupancy.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- A service charge of AUD $350 applies if any change is made after the booking has been confirmed and the vouchers have been redeemed.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees.
- The tour is non-refundable after your air ticket has been issued.
- Children: There is no child discount on this tour deal, however, they can come on the tour if they pay the adult fare. Adults must supervise children responsibly during all excursions and the tour.
- Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, we will book an alternate and inform you about the supplement/reduction in costs.
- We cannot provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate a special request Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover. Members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy – simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes: China Visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), single supplement upgrades, add-ons and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item
VISA INFORMATION To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa. A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above. Alternatively you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more information or to arrange a visa.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Flight from Australia to China
Your China holiday will begin with an international flight to Chongqing.
Arrive in Chongqing
Upon arrival at Chongqing Airport in the morning, you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to enjoy this amazing city.
*Please note: Due to flight schedule and departing times, you may arrive late at night on the same day.
Chongqing - Tianjin
Get out and explore Chongqing and visit the city’s signature sights on a guided tour. See the rare giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo’s breeding centre, admire the ornamental gardens and bridges of Eling Park, and stroll around Ciqikou, an authentic old-time village on Chongqing’s fringes. After lunch, transfer to Chongqing Airport to the Ford of Heaven city, Tianjin. Upon arrival at Tianjin Airport, you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner*Please note: Due to flight schedule seasonality, you may be transferred by plane from Chongqing to Tianjin in the morning..
Tianjin - Beijing, Temple of Heaven, Hutong
In the morning, you will head to Beijing to practice Tai Chi in the Temple of Heaven. Tai Chi is an internal martial arts system which places emphasis on the development and control of Chi (consciousness) energy within the body. Afterwards, enjoy the Hutong Tour where you will visit a local family for lunch and explore the Hutong neighbourhood, one of Beijing’s rapidly disappearing traditional districts, on a rickshaw.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Beijing - The Great Wall
Travel into the rugged mountain landscapes north of the city to the magnificent Great Wall of China. Once on top of this ancient defensive structure, you’ll find that some sections are quite steep, but the views are magnificent and the experience is truly unforgettable. You will then learn about jade, China’s most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process at the largest jade factory in Beijing. Before heading to your hotel, visit a Chinese Medical centre to learn about alternative treatments for illness and have the chance to consult a Chinese Medical professional. Furthermore, you may choose to join optional tours for Summer Palace, the massive garden and summer resort for royal members during imperial times.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Beijing - Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City, Beijing - Tianjin
Set out with your tour guide to discover Beijing’s imperial treasures. Stand in Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world before progressing on to the Forbidden City. Enter the imposing walls of the Forbidden City, once the exclusive domain of the Ming Dynasty, for an exclusive tour through this vast complex of courtyards and lanes. Afterwards, experience an oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where you will learn about alternative treatments for illness and have the chance to consult with a Chinese Medical professional. In the evening, transfer to Tianjin where you will get an overview of the town with a personalised walk through the well-known Five Great Avenues, a visit to the Porcelain House, and a stroll around Ancient Culture Street and Italian Style Street.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch.
Tianjin to Xi’an
Today, you will be fly from Tianjin to Xi’an. Upon arrival in Xi’an, you will be met by your tour guide and escorted to your hotel. For a period of more than 1000 years, Xi’an served as China’s capital city and remains home to a great number of precious relics and historical sites. Xi’an is best known as the starting point of the famous Silk Road and where the famous Terracotta Warriors can be found. Take some time to relax ahead of your full day tomorrow.
Xi’an -Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street
Xi’an served as China’s capital for 13 dynasties and today you will learn about its fascinating imperial history, as well as visit the Terracotta Warriors Site, considered the eighth wonder of the world and discovered by accident in 1974. Please make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes as you will explore the army of more than 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots that have guarded Emperor Qin’s tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique and the painstaking repair and evacuation continues to this day. On the way to the terracotta warriors, you will also visit a local factory where you can learn more about the creation, conservation and history of the Warrior vaults. After lunch, walk through the famous Moslem Street, where many delicious foods and souvenirs are available for purchase. In the evening, you may choose to enjoy a night of leisure or join our optional Tang Dynasty Show Performance and Dumpling Banquet.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Flight from Xi'an back to Australia
Today, you will be transferred to Xi’an International Airport for your scheduled flight home, or you may choose to extend your stay and continue to explore other mesmerising cities.
DESTINATIONChina is a wonderful country in terms of culture, history and food. You will never be bored and you will be immersed in an atmosphere, which is far from our standards. Experience the real concept of ‘travel’ in this amazing Terracotta Warriors Tour. Read more about China CLICK HERE
- Departures from Sydney & Melbourne: Sichuan Airlines or Xiamen Airlines
- Departure from Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide: Cathay Pacific or China Southern Airlines Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
- All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
- Read more CLICK HERE
- China is a huge country with diverse climates.
- Spring, from March to May, and Autumn, from September to early November, are the best months to travel.
- To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
- A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email email@example.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.