- Flights from Brisbane to Norfolk Island included
- Private rooms with no single supplement cost
- All breakfasts and dinners on tour included
- Amazing array of included tours such as Island Orientation Tour, Wonderland by Night, Convict Settlement Tour, Breakfast Bushwalk and more
- Departs 14 Mar 2020
- Departs 05 Sept 2020
- Day 1 Brisbane – Norfolk Island / Meals: Dinner.
- Day 2 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
- Day 5 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 Norfolk Island / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8 Norfolk Island – Brisbane / Meals: Breakfast
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: 14 Mar 2020 & 05 Sep 2020
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
- Excludes: meals not mentioned, travel insurance, items of a personal nature
TO BOOK YOUR NORFOLK ISLAND SOLO TOUR, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Brisbane - Norfolk Island
This morning we will meet our Tour Escort and fellow travellers at Brisbane International Airport for our flights to Norfolk Island.
On arrival we will be welcomed by a representative who will assist with luggage and coach transfer to our centrally located hotel. There will be plenty of time to relax and settle in with the afternoon at leisure. We will meet early evening and then be transferred to Dino’s Restaurant for a Welcome Dinner. After dinner we will be taken on the historical Sound and Light Show! Sit back in the comfort of the bus, whilst Norfolk Island’s convict era is brought to life.
This afternoon we will be picked up for a Half Day Island Orientation Tour. The half day tour is a must-do Norfolk Island experience, introducing travellers to the island’s history and life as it is today. From the historic Kingston to famous convict buildings and beautiful beaches the tour offers plenty of opportunities for travellers to take some photos and be fully informed about this fascinating island. This evening we join Fletcher Christian’s direct descendants John & Alison, for a ‘Night with the Mutineers‘,
including sumptuous food, sea shanties, sing-a-longs, great Island music and plenty of mutinous tales.
Hotel – Aloha Apartments
After breakfast and some time at leisure we are taken to Fletchers Mutiny Cyclorama, a continuous 360degree panoramic painting.
This will be followed by a stroll through Queen Victoria’s Garden and lunch at Hilli Restaurant.
This evening we will have dinner at The Castaway. Later we are taken out for the Wonderland by Night Tour. Set in 10 acres of magical Norfolk pines & bushland lit up like an enchanted forest, hear poetry written by Bounty mutineer descendant Archie, followed by a light supper.
Hotel – Aloha Apartments
This morning after breakfast we are taken on an exclusive guided tour to the home of world renowned author, the late Colleen McCullough, who made Norfolk Island her home in 1979 and stayed until her passing in 2015 with her husband Ric Robinson.
Later we will be taken to Kingston, for the Convict Settlement Tour, an in depth tour of the historic Georgian settlement of Kingston.
This evening sees us joined by local, Kath King, for an Island Culture Evening.
Hotel – Aloha Apartments
An early start today sees us taking a leisurely Breakfast Bushwalk through the National Park. At the end of the walk, we meet on the clifftop for a delicious breakfast barbeque.
Returning to the hotel, the mid-morning is at leisure.
Early afternoon we are picked up for our tour of the Xtian Brothers Cheese Company, a boutique dairy & cheese producer started by island brother Glen & John Christian.
We will have some time to relax and freshen up before we are taken on a Progressive Dinner to Island Homes.
Hotel – Aloha Apartments
After breakfast we will be collected and taken to Kingston to spend some time in the Pier Store and Sirius Museum’s, including a guided tour behind the scenes which will reveal additional stories from the museum collection & Norfolk’s history. Time and weather permitting we can take a walk along the beach before being taken back to town in time for
lunch (at own expense).
The afternoon is free for time at leisure for shopping or relaxing. Late afternoon we will be collected and transferred to this evening’s Island Fish Fry. Enjoy the stunning cliff top scenery and feast of Island dishes, along with local entertainment and the sunset.
This morning, have a leisurely breakfast and spend some time visiting the local shops or just simply relax.
Just after Midday we will take the Hilli Goat Tour – The Norfolk Whey where we learn about the milking and cheese making process of the farm, meet the cheeky goats and top it off with some amazing food.
As this evening is our last night on Norfolk Island, it’s only fitting that we have a Night as Convict Dinner. Tonight is sure to be a fun time as we dress* like convicts and join in with the Commandant for an evening of gaiety, feasting, singing & dancing.
Hotel – Aloha Apartments
*convict outfit supplied.
Norfolk Island - Brisbane
Sadly, today is our final day in this remote paradise. We enjoy breakfast and then our morning is at leisure.
For those wanting to do a bit more shopping you can stroll down to Burnt Pine Shopping Centre and pick up those last minute purchases or just relax in your apartment until it’s time to check out. We will be transferred to the Norfolk Island airport to check in for our return flight to Brisbane.
- Norfolk Island is the perfect place to relax with nature and enjoy the calm of the island. This island is also culturally rich thanks to its original history and its beautiful attractions. Don’t miss the Sunset Island Fish Fry and the Colleen McCullough Home.
- Return flight from Brisbane to Norfolk included. For customers outside of Brisbane, we are happy to organise your domestic flights to and from Brisbane.
NEED DOMESTIC FLIGHTS? CALL US ON 1300 404 606
- It is an escorted tour. Therefore transfers are included!
- In Norfolk Island, located in the South Pacific Ocean, east of Australia, the climate is subtropical oceanic.
- There is a spring-like weather for most of the year, with frequent rains and winds, but also an acceptable amount of sunshine.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
What is included in The Deal?
Please refer to the ‘Includes’ section in The Deal for details of what’s included. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 404 606 for more information.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need?
We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries?
MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed?
Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
When will I receive my tour documentation?
This one depends on the tour operator.
What type of clothes should I bring?
This one depends on the destination & tour operator – For more information CLICK HERE
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be?
We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level.
Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan?
At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly installment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries?
Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE