Multiple dates in 2020
- Visit Jaipur’s Royal City Palace and discover one of the five astronomical observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh
- An early rise for a dawn visit to the Taj Mahal, the structure built by the Mughal Emperor Shan Jahan in memory of his beloved wife
- Discover the Jama Masjid, Delhi’s oldest mosque, before learning about the history of the Sikh religion at the Sheeshganj Gurudwara
- Enjoy other optional excursions and guided sightseeing
International roundtrip airfares ex Sydney and Melbourne
All domestic transportation
Round trip airport transfer
Sightseeing and entry fees as specified on the itinerary
Private coach with air conditioning
English speaking local guides
6 nights’ hotel accommodation: 2 nights in Delhi, 1 nights in Agra, 2 nights in Jaipur, 1 night in Delhi
Meals: 6 breakfasts and 2 dinners
TRAVEL DATES Departures dates in 2020: MARCH: 13, 20 APRIL: 17, 24 MAY: 01, 15 JUNE: 05, 12 AUGUST: 21 SEPTEMBER: 11, 25 OCTOBER: 16, 23 NOVEMBER: 06, 20 PLEASE NOTE: Due to flight schedule and departing times, you may depart one day earlier/later
- Day 1 Arrive in Delhi
- Day 2 Delhi / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 3 Delhi – Agra / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 4 Agra – Jaipur / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 5 Jaipur / Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
- Day 6 Jaipur – Dehli / Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
- Day 7 Departure from Dehli / Meals: Breakfast
- New Delhi – WelcomHotel Dwarka or similar
- Agra – Crystal Sarovar Premiere Agra or similar
- Jaipur – Clarks Amer or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2020
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- Flights from Brisbane and Perth are surcharged. For Adelaide departures please contact us for a quotation.
- Prices are subject to change without notice and valid unless sold out prior.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee.
- For changes to the return date price changes are subject to airline availability and will incur a minimum change fee of $200 per person along with any class difference incurred by the carrier for reissue of air ticket/s.
- We highly recommend taking travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against unforeseen cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes: India Visa, Laundry and other items of a personal nature, Telecommunications or other Internet (WiFi) communication, Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change, Travel insurance coverage for baggage, accident and trip cancellation/interruption, Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
VISA INFORMATION To enter India, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa. A full visa must be arranged prior to arrival. An Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is available for online application prior to arrival in India and is linked above. The e-Visa is available to eligible Australians for tourism, business and/or medical-related travel for up to 60 days. Alternatively, you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more details or to arrange a visa.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Arrive in Delhi
Begin your journey by embarking on your international flight to Delhi. Upon arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be met by your customer service executive and welcomed with a “Mauli ritual”. Mauli is a symbolic cotton thread tied on the wrist and is our traditional way to start the journey at an auspicious note. Afterwards, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Explore Delhi, India’s capital city that boasts a rich history spanning over 2,000 years. Arrive in old Delhi and ride in a cycle rickshaw (pedi-cabs) to the once waterfilled square of Chandni Chowk. Discover the Jama Masjid, Delhi’s oldest mosque, before learning about the history of the Sikh religion at the Sheeshganj Gurudwara. Continue to Raj Ghat, the memorial to Gandhi, built at the site of his cremation on the banks of the Yamuna River. In the afternoon, drive past India Gate and the Government Secretariat buildings on the way to the Qutab Minar – the five-storied victory tower to signify the beginning of the Muslim rule in India by the first Muslim ruler, Qutab-ud-din Aibak.
Dehli - Agra
Travel by private vehicle to Agra-the city of Taj Mahal. Arrive in Agra and check in for your stay. Agra-Once a small village on the banks of the Yamuna river, it was transformed by two great Mughal monarchs, Akbar and his grandson Shah Jahan into the second capital of the Mughal Empire-Dar-ul- Khilafat, or “seat of the Emperor” in the 16th & 17th century. A world of contrasting edifices of red sandstone and white marble, narrow galleys, bustling streets and small buggies, Agra retains the irresistible charm that made this the favorite city of the Mughals. Rest of the day is at your leisure for independent explorations. Today’s optional tours: Once in Agra, you have two options of visiting the Agra fort and North India’s oldest Christian cemetery or experience a live cultural show that depicts the saga of love and a memorable journey into history
Agra - Jaipur
Rise early for a dawn visit to the Taj Mahal. Today you will see this extraordinary monument by the first light of day as its exemplary beauty is awe-inspiring and will create an unforgettable memory. Mughal emperor, Shahjahan built this architectural wonder to enshrine the mortal remains of his beloved Queen Mumtaz Mahal. (Note: Timing subject to change based on the local sunrise timing) Return to the hotel for breakfast and drive for Jaipur – the 18th century capital of Rajasthan. Stop enroute at Abhaneri Village, a popular stop along the Agra-Jaipur road for the impressive Chand Baori stepwell and the Harshat Mata Temple. The Chand Baori is perhaps the region’s most visited stepwell and is one of the largest and deepest in all of India. Continue to Jaipur, reaching in the evening. On arrival, check in for your stay. Jaipur – also known as the “Pink City”, for the abundance of pink plastered stone used to build its massive forts, magnificent palaces and exquisite temples. The city built in 1727 A.D by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II followed a grid system, which made it the only planned city of its time. A young Bengali architect Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya designed this city in accordance with Shilp Shastra – an ancient Hindu treatise on architecture. There is far more to the city than just its famous monuments and to get a complete experience of Jaipur, uncover the mysteries of the bazaars and visit silversmiths, turban sellers and traditional markets. Today’s optional tours: After a long day of exploration, head to the optional tour Raj Mandir Cinema to experience the glamour of a Bollywood film.
Morning visit the imposing Amber Fort. Set on a hilltop overlooking Maota Lake, the fort is an authentic example of Rajput architecture and the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors) is one of its more spectacular building. Next brief photo stop at the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds). Its beehive-like structure is an interplay of red and pink sand stone, painstakingly outlined with white borders and motifs. Behind this elaborate latticed facade, the cloistered ladies of the court could watch the daily goings-on in the street below. Afternoon is at leisure for independent exploration. Evening, enjoy a traditional meal with folk dance at a local restaurant in the town. Today’s optional tours: Half-day Jaipur City Tour – We suggest visiting Jaipur’s Royal City Palace and exploring its extravagant rooms and apartments. Later, discover one of the five astronomical observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh, the founder of Jaipur. Prayer Ceremony – You may visit a local temple in the evening to watch the prayer ceremony.
MEALS: Breakfast and Dinner
Jaipur - Dehli
After breakfast at hotel, you will be transferred to Delhi. In the afternoon, you are free to explore Delhi at your own pace.
MEALS: Breakfast and Dinner
Departure from Delhi back to Australia
After breakfast, spend the morning in Delhi at leisure. Later you will then be transferred to the International Airport for your flight home. We hope you enjoyed your journey to India with us!
India is a vast country well-known for its hospitality. In India, you say “Athithi Devo Bhava”, which means “the guest is God.” Moreover, of course, India has also historic and architectural treasures like The Taj Mahal and Agra Fort that you will visit during this very complete 7-day tour!
- Flights are included in the Deal!
TRANSFERDuring this tour, all transfers are included in the deal! WEATHER
- India has three main seasons; summer, winter and monsoon. The monsoon season normally hits between June and September.
- Winter season between October and March is the best time to travel when the weather is more comfortable.
- To enter India, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
- A full visa must be arranged prior to arrival. An Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is available for online application prior to arrival in India and is linked above. The e-Visa is available to eligible Australians for tourism, business and/or medical-related travel for up to 60 days. Alternatively, you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more details or to arrange a visa.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,500 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.