- Embark on four scenic cruises – Charles Darwin Sunset Cruise, Nitmiluk (Kathering) Gorge Cruise, Guluyambi Cultural Cruise and Yellow Water Billabong wildlife cruise.
- Explore ancient and contemporary local art at Katherine Gorge, Nourlangie, Ubirr, including views of incredible Aboriginal rock art
- All breakfasts and dinners included
- Departs 26 Apr 2020
- Day 1: Darwin / Meals: Dinner
- Day 2: Darwin / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3: Katherine / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Katherine Gorge / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Katherine to Kakadu / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6: Kakadu / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7: Kakadu – Darwin – Darwin Departure / Meals: Breakfast
- Darwin: Doubletree by Hilton Esplanade or similar
- Katherine: Knott’s Crossing Resort or similar
Why Book with MyDiscoveries?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for Travel: 26 April 2020
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
- Excludes: flights, meals not mentioned, travel insurance, items of a personal nature
TO BOOK YOUR KAKADU EXPLORER TOUR, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Katherine to Kakadu
Kakadu - Darwin - Depart Darwin
Both fertile green and dusty red, the rich colour of the Northern Territory translates into its fascinating local stories and people. Start in ever-growing Darwin with tours of Military Precinct and WWII sites. Head to Litchfield National Park and the gorges of Katherine/Nitmiluk region, before the jewel in the Top End crown – the teeming waterholes and Aboriginal rock art of Kakadu National Park.
Flights NEED FLIGHTS? CALL US ON 1300 404 606
- From Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or any other city, Jetstar, Qantas, Virgin Australia or Tigerair are the main airlines that will enable you to travel to and from Darwin.
- All internal transfers included in this deal. Call us on 1300 404 606 to book flights to and from.
- Darwin and the Top End, which includes the Katherine, Kakadu and Arnhem Land regions, doesn’t have winter and summer like the rest of Australia. The climate is tropical here, and the seasons are called the ‘wet’ and the ‘dry’.
- At 300 km south of Darwin, Katherine is further inland, but is still part of the Top End. Katherine is treated to its share of spectacular electrical storms in the wet season, and the area is prone to flooding from November to March. A sight to see is the rivers and creeks of Nitmiluk Gorge in full flow at the end of the wet season. Things cool down and dry out again in the dry season from May to October, which is when tourist numbers increase again.
- While many areas in Kakadu are closed in the wet due to flooding, seeing Kakadu in its wet season glory with thundering waterfalls and iridescent landscapes is a special treat. This is the perfect time to take a helicopter or light plane flight over Kakadu’s waterfalls, stone country and escarpments. Like Darwin, the dry season in Kakadu, from May to October, is cooler and drier.
Travel Insurance We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. Call MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 100 to get a personalised quote on travel insurance
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need? We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries? MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed? Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking? If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do? If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be? We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level. Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan? At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly instalment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries? Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE
When will I receive my tour documentation? This depends on the tour operator. Please contact us on 1300 404 606 for more details
What type of clothes should I bring? Weather across Australia can be very changeable. A warm jacket and a spray jacket are a must. Shoes to wear in water are also strongly recommended.