- Follow art trail to the quirky Museum of Modern Art and delve into unique convict history at Cascade Female Factory
- Taste test cider and apple pie with a laidback lunch at Apple Shed
- Pick up and return included in select locations around NSW and Greater Brisbane
- 11 Mar 2020
- Day 1: Home – Hobart / Meals: Dinner
- Day 2: Mt Wellington, Female Factory, Cascade Brewery / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3: Bruny Island / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 4: Shot Tower, Apples, Cheese and Boats / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 5: Hobart – Home / Meals: Breakfast
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: 11 Mar 2020
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- Taxi Home Pickup and Return*A door to door service is offered on holiday tours where a passenger lives (or is joining the tour) in our Brisbane, Newcastle or Central Coast pickup zones and ‘Taxi Home Pickup and Return*’ is listed under the inclusions on the individual itinerary. An additional charge may apply to passengers with pickup/drop off addresses in zones two and three; our consultants will advise at the time of booking. A door to door service may be available to passengers outside of our pickup zones; please ask our consultants at the time of booking.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
- Excludes: meals not mentioned, travel insurance, items of a personal nature
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Welcome to Hobart
Our tour begins with a morning flight into Hobart arriving around midday. Purchase some lunch on your flight or at the airport. Boarding our coach, our first visit is to Australia’s largest private museum, MONA–The Museum of Old and New Art where you can browse the exhibits. Later we will settle into our accommodation for the next four nights.MEALS: Dinner
Hobart - Strahan
Today we take the short ferry ride to Bruny Island. The island is steeped in history, discovered by Abel Tasman in 1642, later visited by Captains Cook, Cox, Bligh and d’Entrecasteaux. Visit the museum where much of this history is recorded. Take in the superb coastal scenery along Adventure Bay where white wallabies, echidnas and birds may be seen. Later we visit Cape Bruny for views from the lighthouse, the second oldest in Australia. After a unique day, we return to Hobart where the evening is at your leisure and you can purchase your dinner at one of the many local restaurants.
Strahan - Cradle Mountain
Our touring today will take the old coastline road to Kingston, with a stop at Joseph Moir’s Shot Tower. Built in 1870, and at 58 metres tall it is still one of the tallest buildings in Tasmania. Visit the Wooden Boat Centre in Franklin, a unique school which is still teaching the art of boat building. Next stop is The Apple Shed where we will enjoy a cider tasting prior to lunch, which of course includes good old fashioned apple pie! This afternoon, during a talk and tasting, you will hear about the wide range of products at Grandvewe Cheeses. This farm and cheesery has a focus on high quality sheep cheese and other dairy products made from their own herd of sheep. This evening is once again at your leisure, allowing you to sample more of the local cuisine for your dinner.
This morning we make our way to the airport for our flights home, where on arrival, your transfers will be arranged.MEALS: Breakfast
- Flights to Hobart are included in the deal!
- Currently, four airlines fly to Hobart from capital cities within Australia. Jetstar, Qantas and Virgin Airlines all fly to Hobart from most capital cities within Australia. Tiger Airways fly’s from Melbourne to Hobart.
- Transfers are included in the deal!
- Tasmania has four main seasons with the warmest time of the year being December to March.
- The average temperature in summer is between 17 and 23 degrees Celsius and winter averages between 3 and 11 degrees Celsius. Regardless of when you visit Tasmania, the weather can change dramatically without a moments notice make sure to bring clothing for all seasons.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need? We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries? MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed? Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking? If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do? If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan? At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly instalment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries? Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE
When will I receive my tour documentation? A travel wallet containing your documents and luggage tags will be posted to MyDiscoveries 4 weeks prior to travel. For Short Breaks and Day Tours e-documents will be emailed to you within 48 hours of full payment being made
What type of clothes should I bring? It is also important to consider the region you will be visiting and the season you will be travelling, however, AAT Kings recommend casual, drip-dry lightweight clothes. There is no need for lots of formal clothes, however, you might like to include a few options to wear out for dinner, but above all you want to be comfortable.
How fit do I need to be? We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level. Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
Taxi Home Pickup and Return* A door to door service is offered on holiday tours where a passenger lives (or is joining the tour) in our Brisbane, Newcastle or Central Coast pickup zones and ‘Taxi Home Pickup and Return*’ is listed under the inclusions on the individual itinerary. An additional charge may apply to passengers with pickup/drop off addresses in zones two and three; our consultants will advise at the time of booking. A door to door service may be available to passengers outside of our pickup zones; please ask our consultants at the time of booking.