Multiple dates in 2019
- All domestic and international transfers are included
- Enjoy private coach transportation and experienced English-speaking guides
- 27 meals and select excursions included
All domestic and international transfers
Tours and excursions as specified in the itinerary
Private coach transportation
Experienced, English speaking guides
15 nights’ accommodation: 1 Night Chengdu, 4 Nights Yangtze River Cruise, 3 Nights Xi’an, 4 Nights Beijing, 3 Nights Shanghai
Departure dates in 2019:
- May: 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Jun: 07
- Jul*: 26
- Aug: 16, 23, 30
- Sep*: 06, 13, 20, 27
- Oct: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Nov: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- Day 1 Arrive in Chengdu
- Day 2 Chengdu – Yichang / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
- Day 3 Yangtze River Cruise / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Day 4 Yangtze River Cruise / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Day 5 Yangtze River Cruise / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Day 6 Chongqing – Xi’an / Meals: Breakfast.
- Day 7 Xi’an – Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 8 Xi’an – Wild Goose Pagoda, Provincial Museum, Ancient City / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 9 Xi’an – Beijing / Meals: Breakfast.
- Day 10 Beijing – Great Wall / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 11 Gubei Water Town / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 12 Gubei Water Town – Beijing / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 13 Beijing – Shanghai / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 14 Shanghai – Nanjing walking district, The Bund Shangai Museum, People Square / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 15 Shanghai – Ancient Water Town / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Day 16 – 17 Shanghai Departure / Meals: Breakfast
- Chengdu: Chengdu High Tech Holiday Inn or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise: Gold 6# or similar
- Xi’an: Grand Noble Hotel or similar
- Beijing: Chunhuiyuan Hot Spring Resort / Gubei Water Town Hotel & Resort / Park Plaza Science Park or Similar
- Shanghai: Shanghai Crowne Plaza Fudan or Similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2019 available to choose from.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking. Rest assured, should your dates not be available, the Booking Guarantee applies.
- Dates are subject to availability at time of booking. We recommend you be quick to redeem your holiday and increase your chances of getting your preferred dates locked in!
- Voucher is for one person based on single or twin /double occupancy.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- $500 per person Surcharge departure from Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane.
- Price is for one person based on double occupancy.
- $200 per person High Season Surcharge on Jul & Sep 2019.
- Cancellation prior to flight ticket issue will incur a $350 cancellation fee, there will be no refund after the flight ticket is issued.
- Return date change will incur a charge of $200 per person before the air ticket has been issued and is subject to airline availability.
- Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, a traffic condition, and other unforeseen occurrences.
- All currencies are in AUD Dollars unless stated otherwise.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover. Members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy – simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance, single supplement upgrades, add-ons, and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item.
To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa. A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above. Alternatively you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more information or to arrange a visa.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Arrive in Chengdu from Australia
Begin your journey with your international flight from Australia to Chengdu. Upon arrival at the Chengdu International Airport you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel.
Chengdu - Yichang
Today you will be transferred from Chengdu to Yichang. Upon arrival, you will board the Yangtze River Cruise ship and begin your memorable 4-night cruise down the Yangtze River.
MEALS: Breakfast, Dinner.
Yangtze River Cruise
Start the morning with an exercise on board in the presence of the beautiful Gorges. Spend your day out on an optional excursion or relax on board the cruise ship. This evening you will return to the ship and attend the Captain’s Welcome Banquet and enjoy the evening entertainment of a Chinese dancing ball.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerOptional Activity: Excursion – Three Gorges Dam Site The Three Gorges Dam Site is one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind and is the biggest hydropower project in the world. Fitness level: Relaxed Optional Activity: Excursion – Tribe of the Three Gorges You may also want to visit the Tribe of the Three Gorges, the only large scenic spot that has not been influenced by the Three Gorges Dam project, which showcases the abundant Ba Culture and Shu Culture. Fitness level: Moderate
Yangtze River Cruise
Today, you may choose to embark on the exciting optional excursions or for a leisure day on board the ship. In the afternoon you will continue to cruise into the western section of Xiling Gorge.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Optional Activity: Excursion – Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream (Subject to the Cruise) Explore the Lesser Three Gorges or Shennong Stream, a shining pearl hidden in the remote mountains. You will leave your cruise ship and board smaller vessels to sail through the narrower and breathtaking Lesser Three gorges region or Shennong Stream, lined by sheer cliffs and mountains. Fitness level: Relaxed
Optional Activity: Excursion – White Emperor City You may also choose the optional excursion to visit the White Emperor City, an ancient temple that is located atop Baidi Mountain on the northern bank of the Yangtze River in Fengjie County. Fitness level: Active
Yangtze River Cruise
Today you will pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan. Participate in the optional excursions or pamper yourself with a massage and make the most of the last full day on your ship. Tonight, enjoy the farewell dinner and pack your bags in preparation for disembarking tomorrow.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.Optional Activity: Excursion – Fengdu Ghost City Today’s optional excursion is the Fengdu Ghost City to see why it’s regarded as the “City of Ghosts.” The temples built on Ming Mountain depict the instruments of punishment and demon paintings, demonstrating the Chinese people’s imagination of hell. Fitness level: Moderate Optional Activity: Excursion – Shibaozhai Shibaozhai is a 12-story wooden pagoda built against the rock in the 18th century. It is located in Zhong County on the south bank of the Yangtze River. There are steles and inscriptions of past dynasties on each floor. Visitors may also appreciate the spectacular Yangtze River from the windows of each floor during climbing. Fitness level: Relaxed
Chongqing - Xi'an
Today you will be transferred from Chongqing to Xi’an. Upon arrival, you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for your tour tomorrow.
Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street
Today you will learn about over 1000 years of Xi’an history, which served as China’s capital for 13 dynasties and visit the Terracotta Warriors Site, considered the eighth wonder of the world and discovered by accident in 1974. Wear comfortable shoes today as, you will explore the army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots that has guarded Emperor Qin’s tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique and the painstaking repair and evacuation continues to this day. On the way to the terracotta warriors, you will also visit an excellent factory where you can learn more about the creation, conservation and history of the Warrior vaults. After lunch, walk through the famous Moslem Street, where many delicious foods and souvenirs are available for purchase.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch.
Xi’an - Wild Goose Pagoda, Provincial Museum, Ancient City
Today you will begin with a visit to the Wild Goose Pagoda. The temple was originally used by a large team of scholars to translate the Buddhism Scriptures into Chinese and subsequently became a holy place for pilgrims. You will then continue on to the Provincial Museum, which documents China’s archaeological finds which date as far back as the Neolithic Age (20,000 years ago). Your next visit will be to the Ancient City Wall, which was built in 194 BC and is the oldest and best preserved ancient city wall in all of China. In the evening, you may choose to join.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch.
Optional Activity: Tang Dynasty Dance Performance
Xi'an - Beijing
Today you will board a high-speed train to the capital city of Beijing. Upon arrival, you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for your full day tour tomorrow.
Beijing - Great Wall
Today, you will visit the 2008 Olympic Games sites. Then visit Jade factory to learn about Jade, China’s most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process at the largest Jade factory in Beijing. After lunch, travel into the rugged mountain landscapes north of the city to the magnificent Great Wall of China. Once on top of this ancient defensive structure, you’ll find that some sections are quite steep, but the views are magnificent, and the experience is truly unforgettable. Afterward heading to Gubei Water Town and stay overnight and enjoy the night scene of the Great Wall. MEALS: Breakfast, Dinner
Gubei Water Town
Today, you’ll enjoy and experience an old-fashioned simplicity and elegance. Row upon row of houses, old quartzite streets and long narrow alleyways show the style and features of the old ancient town. River channels are scattered between streets; houses near the river are bathed in sunlight. Besides sightseeing, you can experience unique local customs and participate in native activities.
Gubei Water Town - Beijing
Morning is free for leisure, optional tours are offered to Little Potala Palace, Chengde. It was modeled after the Potala Palace in Tibet. It was built for Emperor Qianlong to receive the visiting Tibetan nobles. Heading back to Beijing in the afternoon. Stand in Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world. Afterward, experience the oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where you will learn about alternative treatments for illness and have the chance to consult with a Chinese Medical professional.
Beijing - Shanghai
Today you will be transferred to Shanghai by bullet train. Upon arrival in Shanghai you transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for your full day tour tomorrow.
Shanghai - Nanjing walking district, The Bund Shanghai Museum, People Square
Today, you will visit the Nanjing walking district and discover the history and culture of Shanghai at the Shanghai Museum. You will then continue to the Bund by the Huangpu River, and witness the old meeting the modern side of the city. Enjoy an optional evening on the Huangpu River Cruise, allowing you to take in the famous sites of Shanghai including; the People’s Hero Monument, the Bund, the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the dramatic skyline of the Pu Dong business district, the bustling International Passenger Station of Shanghai Harbour, the docks and the Wu Song ancient gun fort relics.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch.
Shanghai - Ancient Water Town
After breakfast, enjoy a tour of an ancient water town. The town, known as ‘The Venice of Shanghai’ is a well preserved ancient water town in modern Shanghai. With a history of over 1700 years, it is typical of a country environment of southeast China. There are hundreds of gardens here that were established in the Ming and Qing dynasties. 15 rivers divide the town into 7 islands, with 49 historic bridges connecting the islands together.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch.
16 - 17
Flight from Shanghai to Australia
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Australia!
China is a wonderful country in terms of culture, history and food. You will never be bored and you will be immersed in an atmosphere, which is far from our standards. Experience the real concept of ‘travel’ in this amazing 17 Day China Tour.
Read more about China CLICK HERE
THE SHIP Yangtze Gold 6 is one of the latest sightseeing ships on the Yangtze River. Yangtze Gold 6 was built in 2012 and offer comfortable facilities onboard such as open-air golf course, pedestrian street, outdoor swimming pool, open-air barbecue, double-layer theatre, billiards and wifi is available in common areas. Guest staterooms feature a private bathroom; television and other cruise ship amenities. Every stateroom aboard the Yangtze Gold 6 opens onto a private balcony for unparalleled views of the gently passing river scenery. Optional excursion can but purchased on board or prior to departure through the tour operator SNA.
- Departures from Sydney & Melbourne: Sichuan Airlines or Xiamen Airlines
- Departure from Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide: Sichuan Airline, China Southern Airline, Air China, Xiamen Airlines Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
- All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
Read more CLICK HERE
- China is a huge country with diverse climates.
- Spring, from March to May, and Autumn, from September to early November, are the best months to travel.
- To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
- A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination. When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination. Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports. If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours. A $100 My Discoveries fees will apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred following cancellation.
- Once air tickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email email@example.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when travelling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
- Shore excursions are listed throughout the itinerary. These can be booked through SNA Tours or on board the cruise. We recommend booking prior to departure to ensure availability. Please keep in mind that you are unable to get off the cruise ship if you unless you are booking a shore excursion.
- 3 Tour Shore Excursions packs can be booked with SNA for $170pp. Excursions include Lesser Three Gorges, Three Gorges Dam Site and Fengdu Ghost City.
- otherwise, excursions can be individually bought for $85pp from SNA Tour or onboard
- Yes, you are able to take alcohol on board
- You are able to purchase additional drinks packages and dining packages onboard or with SNA Tours.