- Visit Alotau, an undiscovered paradise of white-sand beaches, crystal waterfalls and volcanic mountains
- Discover the Solomon Islands and Honiara, its vibrant capital
- Relax in the sunny Atrium, outdoor movie theatre, spa or specialty restaurants on Sea Princess
- On Conflict Islands, experience scuba diving in an untouched reef system abundant with marine life
- Departs 25 Oct 2021
- Day 1: Mon 25 Oct – Sydney
- Day 2: Tue 26 Oct – At Sea
- Day 3: Wed 27 Oct – Brisbane
- Day 4: Thu 28 Oct – At Sea
- Day 5: Fri 29 Oct – At Sea
- Day 6: Sat 30 Oct – Alotau, Papua New Guinea
- Day 7: Sun 31 Oct – Kitava Island, Trobriand Islands, Papua New Guinea
- Day 8: Mon 01 Nov – Rabaul, Papua New Guinea
- Day 9: Tue 02 Nov – Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea
- Day 10: Wed 03 Nov – Conflict Islands, Papua New Guinea
- Day 11: Thu 04 Nov – At Sea
- Day 12: Fri 05 Nov – Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Day 13: Sat 06 Nov – At Sea
- Day 14: Sun 07 Nov – At Sea
- Day 15: Mon 08 Nov – At Sea
- Day 16: Tue 09 Nov – Sydney
WHY BOOK WITH MY DISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: 25 Oct 2021
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- Advertised prices are based on a twin and single package staying in an Inside cabin
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team who will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Excludes items of a personal nature, travel insurance, flights, shore excursions, specialty restaurants, alcoholic beverages.
VISA Visas for Australians travelling overseas. A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country. We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Mon 25 Oct 21 - Sydney
Sydney is located on the south-east coast of Australia. It is the largest and most populated city in Australia and the state capital of New South Wales. The city is built on hills surrounding Sydney Harbour where the Sydney Harbour bridge and the Sydney Opera House are located. The region features many bays, rivers, inlets and beaches including the famous Bondi Beach. Within the city are many picturesque parks including Hyde Park and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
The most well-known attractions include the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Other attractions include Royal Botanical Gardens, Luna Park, some 40 beaches and Sydney Tower. The Rocks precinct includes the first colonial village of Sydney and some great shops, cafes and galleries are located here. Sydney also has several popular museums, such as the Australian Museum (natural history and anthropology), the Powerhouse Museum (science, technology and design), the Art Gallery of New South Wales, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Australian National Maritime Museum.
Tue 26 Oct - At Sea
Wed 27 Oct - Brisbane
Arrives at 07:00 – Departs 17 :00
Brisbane is the capital and most populated city in the state of Queensland, Australia. It is situated at a bend of the Brisbane River, approximately 23 kms from its mouth at Moreton Bay. The city itself is very hilly; the CBD is only 2.2km and is easy to walk on foot.
Popular tourist and recreation areas in Brisbane include the South Bank Parklands, Roma Street Parkland, the City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane Forest Park and Portside Wharf. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary opened in 1927 and was the world’s first koala sanctuary.
Other attractions in Brisbane include galleries, wildlife parks, museums, markets and adventures. Visitors can relax at beautiful beaches and explore the river, bay, parklands, forests and mountains. There are festivals and events galore too.
Thu 28 Oct - At Sea
Fri 29 Oct -At Sea
Sat 30 Oct - Kawanasausau Strait / Alotau, Papua New Guinea
Kawanasausau Strai: Arrives at 06:45 – Departs 07: 45 /Alotau: Arrives at 09:00 – Departs 17:00
Alotau is the capital of the Milne Bay Province, which lies at the most south-eastern tip of PNG. It is a very scenic town on the north shore of Milne Bay. It is a quiet, friendly provincial town, and operates successfully as a scuba diving base.
Ecotourism is being developed here focusing on the rainforest, trekking, bird watching, bat caving, fishing, diving, snorkeling, war sites, surfing and cultural sites of interest. The province has the richest marine biodiversity in the world, which is why so many divers come to the area. There are orchids, marsupials, birds of paradise, mountains, islands, rainforest, waterfalls, hot springs, and skull caves as well as a fascinating local history.
Sun 31 Oct - Kitava Island, Trobriand Islands, Papua New Guinea
Arrives at 07:00 – Departs 16:00
Kitava is one of the Trobriand Islands, an archipelago of coral atolls off the eastern coast of New Guinea. They are situated in Milne Bay Province in Papua New Guinea. Most indigenous inhabitants live on the main island of Kiriwina, which is also the location of the government station, Losuia. Kitava is located 25km’s from Kiriwina. Other major islands in the group are Kaileuna and Vakuta. The group is considered to be an important tropical rainforest ecoregion in need of conservation.
Kitava island and the other Trobriand islands are famous for their culture and huge yam gardens, which have cultural significance in tribal rituals. Attractions include a village tour, numerous freshwater holes, burial caves, yam houses and ceremonial dances.
Mon 01 Nov - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea
Arrives at 08:00 – Departs 16:00
Rabaul is a township in East New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea. The town was the provincial capital and most important settlement in the province until it was destroyed in 1994 by falling ash of a volcanic eruption. After the eruption, the capital was moved to Kokopo, about 20 kilometers away. Rabaul is continually threatened by volcanic activity due to being built on the edge of Rabaul caldera, a flooded caldera of a large volcano.
Rabaul lies on the Gazelle Peninsula and vies with Madang for the title of the most beautiful town in Papua New Guinea. Spread out around the rim of Simpson Harbour, Rabaul is a well laid out town with all facilities within walking distance. It has a busy market, selling fresh produce, local cigars and betel nut is located on the main road from Tokua Airport near Supabake Bakery. At the waterfront are boats for travel to the outer islands or for a spot of fishing.
As a tourist destination, Rabaul is popular for SCUBA diving, snorkeling sites, and its spectacular harbour. Visitors will find a treasure trove of World War 2 relics, tunnels and caverns to explore within driving distance of Rabaul.
Fri 02 Nov - Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea
Arrives at 08:00 – Departs 18:00
The Kiriwina Islands (once known as the Trobriand Islands) are a 450 km² archipelago of coral atolls off the eastern coast of New Guinea. They are part of the nation of Papua New Guinea and are situated in Milne Bay Province.
Most of the population of 12,000 indigenous inhabitants live on the main island of Kiriwina, which is also the location of the government station, Losuia.
Other major islands in the group are Kaileuna, Vakuta and Kitava. The group is considered to be an important tropical rainforest ecoregion in need of conservation.
The people of the area are mostly subsistence horticulturalists who live in traditional settlements.
Cruises operate year round from Australia, Fiji and Tahiti. The weather is reasonable to hot all year round, with rainy periods experienced roughly from November to April.
Wed 03 Nov - Conflict Islands, Papua New Guinea
Arrives at 07:00 – Departs 18:00
Thu 04 Nov - At Sea
Fri 05 Nov - Honiara, Solomon Islands
Arrives at 08:00 – Departs 18:00
Honiara is the capital of the Solomon Islands and is located on Guadalcanal, a large mountainous island covered by jungle. It is situated on the northern coast, is the heart of the province and is the Solomon Island’s springboard for tourism activities.
Honiara offers tourists a number of attractions including the National Museum, the Melanesian Cultural Centre, Honiara and Kukum markets, the National Parliament building and World War II battle sites and museums. Outside of the capital, the island is a wildlife and bird watcher’s paradise and a top diving spot. There are also a number of beautiful beaches to discover.
Sat 06 Nov - At Sea
Sun 07 Nov - At Sea
Mon 08 Nov - At Sea
Tue 09 Nov - Sydney
Arrives at 07:00
It’s time to say goodbye to Sea Princess!
Cruising on Sea Princess is always an invitation to discover the wonders of the world, with the luxury of a world-class vessel. Whether you seek an active escape or total tranquillity, the ship has it all. Day and night you will love all the entertainment, activity, and amenity onboard.
|Upgrade to an Oceanview Cabin
|Upgrade to a Balcony Cabin
- Anytime Dining: Just like a restaurant at home, the choice is yours! Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose to eat only with their own group or be seated with other guests.
- Traditional Dining: This option allows you to dine at the same time each day and enjoy the same tablemates and waitstaff throughout your voyage. Choose from either early or late seating.
- Crafted by Curtis Stone: In the Main Dining Room, savour fresh new cuisine designed by award-winning Chef Curtis Stone during every voyage.
- You will also love:
- Chef’s Table Experience
- Chocolate Journeys℠
- Sabatini’s℠ (Italian speciality restaurant)
- Crown Grill℠ (steakhouse speciality restaurant)
- Vines (wine bar)
- International Café
- Horizon Court (buffet)
- Prego Pizzeria
- Trident Grill (burgers and hot dogs)
- Discovery at SEA™ Programs
- Festivals of the World
- The Piazza
- Shops of Princess
- Art Gallery & Auctions
- Photo & Video Gallery
- Platinum Photography Studio
- Freshwater Pools & Hot Tubs
- Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis)
- Princess Links (putting course)
- Movies Under the Stars®
- Original Musical Productions
- Music & Dancing
- Vegas-style Casino
- Featured Guest Entertainers
- Princess Theater
- Vista Show Lounge
- Explorers Lounge
- Skywalkers Nightclub
- Wheelhouse Bar
- The Princess Luxury Bed (on board in Oct. 2017)
- SLEEP by Princess
- The Sanctuary (retreat for adults)
- Lotus Spa®
- Lotus Spa® Fitness Center
- Fitness Classes
What is included in The Deal?
Please refer to the ‘Includes’ section in The Deal for details of what’s included. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300404606 for more information.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need?
We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries?
MyDiscoveries is a full service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300404606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300404606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300404606
When will my booking be confirmed?
Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300404606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300404606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be?
We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level.
Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan?
At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly instalment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries?
Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE (https://www.mydiscoveries.com.au/terms-conditions)
When will I receive my tour documentation?
AAT Kings will post your travel wallet containing documents and luggage tags to MyDIscoveries approximately four weeks before your departure date. MyDiscoveries will then forward the information on to you. for Short Breaks and Day Tours E-documents will be emailed to you within 24 hours of full payment.
What type of clothes should I bring?
If you are travelling on a Guided Holiday casual clothing that can drip-dry and are preferably lightweight. There is no need for lots of formal clothes, however you might like to include a few options to wear out for dinner.