Multiple dates in 2019 & 2020
Vietnam & Cambodia
- Return international flights included
- Included city tours in Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh.
- Fascinating historical sites showcasing cultural melting pots, such as visit to Chinese temple, Japanese bridge and old Vietnamese merchant’s home in Hoi An.
- All internal transfers and select meals included
- Choose between free time and an impressive assortment of optional tours
Return international flights (economy class) to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide
All internal transfers and airport transfers
Transportation by private A/C vehicles
Sightseeing and entry fees as listed on itinerary
Range of optional tours including Mekong Delta Full-Day, Secret of Pho tour, Phnom Penh Killing Fields and Genocide Museum, Tonle Sap Lake and more
Airlines taxes and surcharges
Gratuities & Tipping for tour guides
22 meals: 14 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 1 Dinner
14 nights accommodation: 2 nights Hanoi, 1 night Ha Long Bay, 2 nights Hoi An, 3 nights Saigon, 3 nights Phnom Penh & 3 nights Siem Reap
2 internal flights: Hoi An –Danang, Hoi An– Ho Chi Minh
Departure dates in 2019:
- Jul: 25*
- Aug: 1*, 8*, 22*, 29*
- Sep: 5, 12
- Oct: 10, 17, 31
- Nov: 7, 14
- Mar: 5, 12, 19
- Apr: 2, 16, 23, 30
- May: 7, 14, 21, 28
- Jun: 11
- Jul: 23*, 30*
- Aug: 13*, 27*
- Sep: 10
- Oct: 8, 15 ,22 ,29
- Nov: 5, 12, 19
- Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
- Day 2: Hanoi – City Orientation / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 3: Hanoi, Halong Bay / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Halong Bay, Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 5: Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 6: Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 7: Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi Tunnels & City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 8: Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 10: Phnom Penh City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 11: Phnom Penh / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 12: Phnom Penh, Siem Reap / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 13: Siem Reap, Ancient Temples / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 14: Siem Reap / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 15: Siem Reap Departure / Meals: Breakfast
- Hanoi: Flower Garden Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay: Halong Plaza or similar
- Hoi An: Hadana Belle Maison or similar
- Saigon: Muong Thanh Saigon or similar
- Siem Reap: Tara Angkor or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2019 & 2020 available to choose from.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking. Rest assured, should your dates not be available, the Booking Guarantee applies.
- Dates are subject to availability at time of booking. We recommend you be quick to redeem your holiday and increase your chances of getting your preferred dates locked in!
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- A service charge of AUD $350 applies if any change is made after the booking has been confirmed and the vouchers have been redeemed.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees.
- The tour is non-refundable after your air ticket has been issued.
- Children: There is no child discount on this tour deal, however, they can come on the tour if they pay the adult fare. Adults must supervise children responsibly during all excursions and the tour.
- Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, we will book an alternate and inform you about the supplement/reduction in costs.
- We cannot provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate a special request Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover. Members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy – simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), single supplement upgrades, add-ons and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country.
We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia.
For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
TO BOOK YOUR VIETNAM AND CAMBODIA TOUR, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Start your journey with an international flight to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. Upon arrival you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel in the center of Hanoi.
Hanoi – City Orientation
The day starts with a visit to the building dedicated to Ho Chi Minh, the nation’s founder. It contains Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (view from the outside only) and a rendition of his house. This complex also comprises the One Pillar Pagoda, whose origins date back to the foundation of the city. The next destination is Tran Quoc Pagoda – Hanoi’s oldest pagoda at West Lake. Then comes a visit to Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam (Temple of Literature & Vietnam’s first university). Constructed in the 11th century, the gardens and well-preserved architecture offer a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam’s past. At noon lunch will be served at a historic restaurant in order to taste the different flavors of Hanoian cuisine. Early evening, you can join our optional tour, the Secret of Pho.
Optional Tour: Secret of Pho. To understand the local lifestyle, get on a cyclo and ride through the streets of the Old Quarter. In the Old Quarter, each street is named after the specific goods once offered for sale at that street. Then, delve deeper into Pho, the street food that is Vietnam’s national dish. Pho is a noodle soup served in a large bowl that can be eaten anywhere in Vietnam at any time of day; this evening, however, you will sample Pho with specially assorted dishes and drinks. Be ready for new experiences awaiting your discovery: Pho Cuon (Pho rolls), Pho ChienPhong (fried Pho), Pho Ap Chao, PhoXao (stir fry Pho) and Pho Tron. Last but not least, you shall explore a most novel way to enjoy Pho: Pho Cocktail. Sipping Pho cocktail, you will feel the blending flavors of sweet, sour, and chilly come together to form a most exquisite taste.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Hanoi – Ha Long Bay
Today you will travel by coach to Halong Bay and take a boat trip, cruising past thousands of limestone islands filled with caves of all shapes and sizes, to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders. The sails of junks and sampans gliding along the emerald waters of the bay create a picturesque scene that blends with the sky. You will also have the opportunity to visit some of the hidden grottoes beneath the towering cliffs.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Ha Long Bay – Hoi An
After breakfast, you will be back in Hanoi for a short flight to Danang. Upon arrival, you will get the Danang Panorama tour and a visit to Marble Mountain for a stunning view. Then you will continue your journey to Hoi An Ancient Town, an important trading route between the 15th and 19th centuries, where traders blended culture, cuisine, and architecture together. Step back in time as you wander the narrow streets of this charming former trading port, with its ancient covered bridges and temples.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Enjoy a leisure day in Hoi An Ancient Town or join our optional tour to Tra Que Organic Garden Excursion. Optional – Half day Tra Que Organic Garden Get on bike or get a ride to a local farm in Tra Que Village. Upon arrival, stroll around the garden and if you wish, you can join the farmers in preparing the land, fertilizing, sowing, watering, harvesting vegetables At noon, you will join the cooking demonstration of local delicacies like Banh Xeo (salty local pancake). You can then enjoy your lunch at the garden, including the Banh Xeo you cooked yourself. Afterwards, it’s time to relax and pamper your feet by placing it into a wooden basic for a Vietnamese traditional foot massage before heading back to your hotel.
Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City
In the morning, explore Hoi An Ancient Town, including the rich architectural fusion of 300 year Chinese Temple, 400 year Japanese Covered Bridge, 200 year old Vietnamese Former Merchant Home influences by visiting Hoi An narrow streets where each house facade is dangled with lanterns. In the afternoon, get a plane for short flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Ho Chi Minh City– Cu Chi Tunnel & City Tour
In the morning, visit the incredible underground Cu Chi Tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the long struggle for independence and reunification. In the afternoon, explore Ho Chi Minh City with a visit to the War Remnants Museum, which displays old military equipment and other related items from the Vietnam War. Walk down to see the Notre Dame Cathedral and General Post Office , which are beautiful examples of architecture from the French colonial period. Last but not least, visit the lively Ben Thanh Market.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Ho Chi Minh City
Free day at your leisure or join our optional tour of the Mekong Delta.Optional Tour: Full Day Mekong Delta Private Excursion. Upon arrive at Ben Tre, you board on an comfortable cruise. As you meander down the Mekong, you’ll have a chance to observe how life plays out on the riverbanks, with its people and stunning landscapes, while your attentive crew serves cold drinks and seasonal fruit. Hop on to the mainland, drop a visit to see how locals peel off coconut husk and make coconut-leavesswob—a hands-on and fun experience. Experience local transportation with a tuk-tuk ride, rowing boat, and bike ride through peaceful villages. Visit a local family; their hospitable greetings will make you feel like being at home. Lunch is served with Mekong specialties at the riverside restaurant. Relax and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere before transferring back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Penh
Today you will take a luxury bus to Phnom Penh. The Bus Manager will take care of you when you are on the bus. On the way, enjoy the scenery of rural life as you pass through small towns and villages. The duration of the trip will depend largely on border crossing, but you should expect a 6 hour journey on average. Upon arrival at city of Phnom Penh City, you will be transferred to your hotel for check in.
Phnom Penh – City Tour
Today you will explore the stunning Royal Palace complex, home to the Cambodian royal family. Included in this complex is the Silver ‘Pagoda’, named after the 5000 silver tiles covering the floor, each weighing 1kg. Then, head for the former colonial quarters for a look at the gorgeous French colonial-era buildings that have been restored near the Post Office. Continue to visit the Wat Phnom Temple, Phnom Penh’s namesake, from where you can enjoy views over the tree-lined avenues of Phnom Penh. Afterwards, enjoy shopping for unique souvenirs at Central Market. Note: Guests needs to dress properly and politely to visit the Royal Palace / The Royal Palace is closed during special royal ceremonies and during visiting heads of state.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Free day at leisure or join our optional tour of the Killing Field. Optional Tour: TuolSleng Genocide Museum & Killing Field. Today discover the place where journalists camped on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, followed by the exciting ghostly building. Tour the TuolSleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge prison before heading to the Choeung Ek Killing Field and learning about the atrocities that took place here. Lastly, we end up with street food to taste some Khmer snacks while learning how the bloody history still haunts Cambodian lives.
Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
Free time before getting a short flight to Siem Reap. After check-in at hotel, visit to a local market for a short walking tour around the local market. There is also a chance for you to see and try some Cambodian snacks, such as grasshoppers, spiders, cockroaches, crickets, baby frogs, and more.
Siem Reap – Ancient Temples
First off, visit the most famous temple in Siem Reap and probably the whole world: Angkor Wat. A World Heritage Site since 1992, it is famous for its beauty and splendor. Then, visit Ta Phrom Temple, which has been controversially left to the destructive power of the jungle by French archeologists to show how nature can destroy man’s work. In the afternoon, we continue exploring the Angkor Thom – from the West gate. See the South Gate, Bayon Temple, Baphuon Temple, The Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. Enjoy a beautiful sunset view from the Pre Rup Temple before going back to the hotel.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Free day to relax or join our optional excursion to visit Tonle Sap Lake. Optional Tour: Tonle Sap Lake. This morning, drive to Kampong Kleang, a floating village on the Tonle Sap Lake, and as of yet bypassed by mass tourism. All the houses are on stilts offering an exceptional natural environment with breathtaking views of flood plains, rice fields and water vistas as far as the eye can see. Walk through the village meeting the locals and a family who raises crocodiles. Afterwards, travel by boat over the canals to a large lake where locals live when they are displaced from their homes by the seasons. Then we return to the hotel to relax.
Siem Reap Departure
Today you will be transferred to International airport for your flight back home. We hope you enjoyed your journey with us!
DESTINATIONVietnam and Cambodia are well-known for their amazing natural landscapes and historic monuments! This Vietnam & Cambodia tour will enable you to visit the main Vietnam & Cambodia attractions such as the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature or the Kulen Mountains.
FLIGHTFlights are included in the deal! Preferred Airline Partner: Vietnam Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines
Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
- All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
- Vietnam has two main seasons; dry season from November to April, and rainy season from May to October. The dry season also divides into cool and hot seasons. The cool season, which is normally from November to February, is the best time to travel.
- Cambodia has a very tropical climate. November to April is winter and the best time to travel, as the weather is more comfortable.
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country. We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email email@example.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,500 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
- Shore excursions are listed throughout the itinerary. These can be booked through SNA Tours or on board the cruise. We recommend booking prior to departure to ensure availability. Please keep in mind that you are unable to get off the cruise ship if you unless you are booking a shore excursion. Optional Tours: Hanoi Street Food ($59), Hoi An Tra Que Organic Garden ($59), Mekong Delta ($109), Killing Field ($59), Tonle Sap Lake in Siem Reap ($59), Bangkok Grand Palace ($79)& Floating Marketing ($139)
- Otherwise, excursions can be individually bought for $85pp from SNA Tour or onboard