- Visiting the north west region of WA including the world – famous Cable Beach
- A wide choice of optional shore excursions
- Captains’ Cocktail Party
- Excellence in standard with friendly crew and a more traditional and leisurely style cruising experience
- Departs 03 Jan 2021
- Day 1: Sun 03 Jan – Fremantle
- Day 2: Mon 04 Jan – Geraldton, Western Australia (Australia)
- Day 3: Tue 05 Jan -At Sea
- Day 4: Wed 06 Jan – At Sea
- Day 5: Thu 07 Jan – Broome, Western Australia (Australia)
- Day 6: Fri 08 Jan – At Sea
- Day 7: Sat 09 Jan – Benoa, Bali (Indonesia)
- Day 8: Sun 10 Jan – Benoa, Bali (Indonesia)
- Day 9: Mon 11 Jan – Lombok (Indonesia)
- Day 10: Tue 12 Jan – At Sea
- Day 11: Wed 13 Jan – At Sea
- Day 12: Thu 14 Jan – At Sea
- Day 13: Fri 15 Jan – Fremantle
WHY BOOK WITH MY DISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: 03 Jan 2021
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only
- Advertised prices are based on a twin and single package staying in an Inside cabin
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team who will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Excludes items of a personal nature, travel insurance, flights, shore excursions, speciality restaurants, beverages and gratuities.
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages implement a mandatory condition of travel that all guests carry comprehensive travel insurance.
VISA Visas for Australians travelling overseas A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country. We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Sun 03 Jan - Fremantle
A mere 25-minute drive from Perth, Fremantle is home to an exciting blend of food, festivals, arts and culture.
Spend the day visiting the markets, learning about the rich past of the city or enjoying a coffee or two on the famous cappuccino strip. Whatever you choose, Fremantle will provide the perfect start to your holiday.
Mon 04 Jan - Geraldton, Western Australia (Australia)
Geraldton is a destination with lots to offer.
From its coastline’s sandy beaches and turquoise waters, to its thriving arts and entertainment scene, it’s no surprise that this regional city is becoming a real gem in West Australia’s crown.
Sunny Geraldton also boasts a Mediterranean climate and is home to a booming café and restaurant scene, with top eateries around every corner.
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 13:00
Tue 05 Jan -At Sea
Wed 06 Jan - At Sea
Thu 07 Jan - Broome, Western Australia (Australia)
Broome is one of Australia’s most fascinating towns and has a unique mix of beauty and culture.
Enjoy the endless sandy beaches, pristine waters, abundant wildlife and tropical temperatures that make this former pearling town thrive as a cruise holiday destination.
Whilst you’re there you can buy some of the finest pearls on the planet, hunt for dinosaur footprints on the ancient rocks and then complete your day with a visit to Cable Beach to see its breathtaking sunsets.
Arrives 08:00 – Departs 17:00
Fri 08 Jan - At Sea
Sat 09 Jan/ Sun 10 Jan - Benoa, Bali (Indonesia)
Formerly a sleepy fishing village, Benoa is now a major tourist destination and it’s easy to see why.
An overnight here on Vasco da Gama will afford you the luxury of exploring the island at your own pace and you’ll witness rolling hillsides covered in rice paddies, along with numerous coffee, banana and spice plantations lining the roads.
If you’re after a trinket or souvenir, then a stop at one of the local village shops is a must, with jewellery, paintings and beautiful batik for you to take home with you as a reminder of your trip.
Arrives:13:00(Sat 09 Jan) – Departs 00:00 ( Sun 10 Jan)
Mon 11 Jan - Lombok (Indonesia)
Bali’s lesser-known next door neighbour offers rugged landscapes, cascading waterfalls and untouched, secluded beaches to guarantee photo opportunities aplenty during your call here.
The untouched island is often compared to Bali 30 years ago and is renowned for its local arts and crafts along with Indonesia’s second highest peak, Mount Rinjani.
Lombok is also a nature lover’s paradise, with fauna and flora not found on its neighbouring islands.
Arrives 07:00 – Departs 13:00
Tue 12 Jan - At Sea
Wed 13 Jan - At Sea
Thu 14 Jan - At Sea
Fri 15 Jan - Fremantle
It’s time to disembark and say goodbye to CMV’s Vasco da Gama
Vasco da Gama
Previously respected and very popular on the international cruise market, Cruise & Maritime Voyages’ Vasco da Gama has a rich heritage and maritime pedigree. The 55,877 grt Vasco da Gama has ten passenger decks serviced by eight lifts, is stabilized and air-conditioned throughout.
Comfortable cabin accommodation ranges from standard to deluxe with 80% enjoying an ocean view. There are no less than 120 balcony cabins and 29 more spacious suites which also benefit from having private balconies.
Located on Atlantic Deck 4, these cabins all offer private en-suite facilities with shower plus ample hanging and storage space. They are twin/double bedded and some have a sofa-bed for a third occupant.
|Upgrade to an Oceanview Cabin
Located midship on Atlantic Deck 4, these twin/double cabins offer private en-suite facilities with bath and shower over plus ample hanging and storage space. The majority have a third and/or fourth berth. All these cabins interconnect with the adjacent cabin when required
|Upgrade to a Balcony Cabin
Located aft on Navigator’s Deck 10, the highest accommodation deck, there are 20 twin/double bedded Premium cabins with private balconies. They offer en-suite facilities with whirlpool bath and shower over, wardrobe, ample storage space and a fridge. Some of these cabins have a sofabed for a third occupant.
Vasco da Gama offers a choice of three main Waterfront Restaurants – Waterfront Classic, Waterfront Mediterranean and Waterfront Eurasia where, unlike our other ships, dining will be flexible and not fixed to specific sittings. You are therefore free to dine where and when you want to (open 17. 30 – 20.30). Waterfront Classic will serve our classic menu of international dishes with a twist of British cuisine. Waterfront Eurasia will serve Asian style meals and Waterfront Mediterranean will serve typical cuisine from the Mediterranean. In addition, there are two delightful speciality restaurants – The Grill and Chef’s Table (supplements apply) or, as an alternative, enjoy more relaxed buffet style meals at the Club Bistro.
Out On Deck
CMV’s Vasco da Gama offers extensive deck areas and in keeping with her tradition, starboard and port side promenades with timber style decking. There are two swimming pools with the main top deck pool benefitting from a retractable roof so that you can relax in this stylish setting, whatever the weather. If you’re feeling more active, then why not team up for a game of tennis or basketball. Be pampered at the well-appointed wellness centre with its beautiful spa amenities, make use of the hairdressing and beauty facilities, or work out in the well-equipped gym.
- The CMV Enrichment Programme: The relaxing atmosphere created by Cruise & Maritime Voyages is ideal for enjoying our extensive programme of guest entertainers, speakers and craft specialists. We are pleased to present our special Enrichment Programme, where in addition to our highly acclaimed evening entertainment and wide range of leisure facilities, we are presenting a range of other complimentary activities and entertainment for you to enjoy whenever the mood takes you.
- Guest Speakers: Learn more about a fascinating subject from someone who is passionate about their interest and will want to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you. Cruises of five nights or more are accompanied by one or more of these experts giving informative talks on a range of fascinating subjects. They are generally programmed to take place during sea days.
- Arts & Crafts: With arts and crafts growing in popularity, we are including sessions on all cruises of five nights or more where specialists will demonstrate their talents. These may include bead jewellery, painting, mosaic decoration, calligraphy and decorative card art. Materials will be supplied on board by the crafter for a modest charge.
- Photography: Make sure you bring your camera (smartphone, Ipad or tablet), as there will be plenty of special moments to capture. On selected cruises there will be a photographic expert to assist you in improving your skills and making the most of your camera.
- Evening Entertainment: At Cruise & Maritime Voyages, we recognise the importance of offering a very high standard of evening entertainment brought to you by our experienced Cruise Directors and entertainment hosts. It is their aim to ensure that you have an unforgettable cruise holiday and present a truly wonderful and varied entertainment programme. With stylish productions, guest acts, cabarets and classical interludes, there’s something for everyone on board.
- Daytime Activities : During days at sea, our entertainments team will arrange activities ranging from a morning quiz to an afternoon dance class. You may choose from a work-out in the gym; a make-over in the beauty salon; a swim in the pool or something a little less energetic in the form of curling up with a good book. Perhaps listen to a speaker or learn a new skill from one of our arts and crafts specialists. The choice is yours!
What is included in The Deal?
Please refer to the ‘Includes’ section in The Deal for details of what’s included. If you are unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 404 606 for more information.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need?
We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries?
MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance?
Travel insurance is compulsory for all CMV cruises. We recommend insurance be taken at time of booking confirmation. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Please note that Cruise and Maritime Voyages implement a mandatory condition of travel that all guests carry comprehensive travel insurance.
How many people in a cabin?
At MyDiscoveries we can book a cabin that is right for you. For Solo, Triple and Quad cabins call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance?
We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge an AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
How do I book shore excursions?
This depends on the cruise line. Bookings for shore excursions can only be made once your cruise has been paid in full and the cruise line has opened up the booking capability in their system (typically this is around 6 months before departure).
Can I take alcohol on my cruise?
This depends on the cruise line, however, in most instances the answer is no.
What will I pay for onboard?
This depends on the cruise line and the type of fare you have purchased. To find out the specifics for the cruise you are interested in please contact us on 1300 404 606.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do?
If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be?
We have graded all MyDiscoveries products at a fitness level.
Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the My Discoveries, Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan?
At the time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly instalment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at the time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries?
Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE
What type of clothes should I bring?
This depends on the cruise line and the destination. Our cruise specialists will be happy to answer questions over the phone or you can search ‘packing’ and ‘cruise’ on the MyDiscoveries website where we have written stories and checklists to help answer this exact question.
When will I receive my documentation?
This depends on when you are travelling and when you booked your cruise. If you haven’t received your documentation 30 days before departure please contact us on 1300 404 606 and we can investigate further for you.