Multiple dates in 2020
Vietnam & Cambodia
- Visiting Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and Phnom Penh in Cambodia
- Discover the century-old architecture of Hanoi rich in French influences and its famous Old Quarters lined with narrow streets of traders
- Vietnamese cuisine is best described as a balance of brilliance of aromatics, heat, sweet and sour delights
- Visit the great wonder of Halong Bay known for its emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands topped with rainforests
- Discover exhilarating Phnom Penh with its frenetic city culture, art deco markets and architecture
Return international flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane
11 Nights accommodation: 2 Nights Hanoi,, 1 Night HaLong Bay, 2 Nights Hoi An, 3 Nights Saigon, 3 Nights Phnom Penh
18 meals: 11 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 1 Dinner
English Speaking Guide
Sightseeing admissions as specified
Airlines taxes and surcharges
Gratuities & Tipping for tour guides
Private coach with air conditioning
Round trip transfer to and from airport
All domestic transportation
Departure dates in 2020:
- Mar: 5,12
- Apr: 16,30
- May: 7,14,21,28
- Jun: 11
- Jul: 23*,30*
- Aug: 13*,27*
- Sep: 10
- Oct: 8,15,22,29
- Nov: 5,12,19
- Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
- Day 2: Hanoi – City Orientation / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 3: Hanoi, Ha Long Bay / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4: Ha Long Bay, Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 5: Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 6: Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 7: Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi Tunnels & City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 8: Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Pen/ Meals: Breakfast
- Day 10: Phnom Penh – City Tour/ Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 11: Phnom Penh / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 12: Phnom Penh Departure/ Meals: Breakfast
- Hanoi: Flower Garden or similar
- Halong Bay: Halong Plaza or similar
- Hoi An: Hadana Belle Maison or similar
- Saigon: Muong Thanh Saigon or similar
- Phnom Penh: Le Mont hotel or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2020. Advertised lead price is base on Ex Sydney/Melbourne. Surcharges apply for ex Brisbane and Perth departures.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior. Note a High season season surcharge applies to specific * departures noted. ALso
- Service charges apply if any change is made after the booking has been confirmed. We will advise you of any supplier fees prior to your making a change.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator will impose cancellation fees. The tour is non-refundable after your air ticket has been issued.
- Children: There is no child discount on this tour however. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults must supervise children and are responsible for them at all times including tour excursions.
- Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, the supplier reserves the right to book an alternate and inform you about any supplement o reduction costs.
- We cannot provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate a special request, therefore we recommend speaking with one of our consultant prior to securing your arrangements.
- Scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate comprehensive travel insurance cover.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on seasonality, supplier availability and events. We endeavour to apply the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), single supplement upgrades, add-ons and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country.
We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia.
For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
TO BOOK YOUR VIETNAM AND CAMBODIA TOUR, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Start your journey with an international flight to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. Upon arrival you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel in the center of Hanoi.
Hanoi – City Orientation
The day starts with a visit to the building dedicated to Ho Chi Minh, the nation’s founder. It contains Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (view from the outside only) and a rendition of his house. This complex also comprises the One Pillar Pagoda, whose origins date back to the foundation of the city. The next destination is Tran Quoc Pagoda – Hanoi’s oldest pagoda at West Lake. Then comes a visit to Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam (Temple of Literature & Vietnam’s first university). Constructed in the 11th century, the gardens and well-preserved architecture offer a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam’s past. At noon, lunch will be served at a historic restaurant where you will taste the different flavours of Hanoian cuisine. Early evening, you can join our optional tour, the Secret of Pho.
Optional Tour: Secret of Pho. To understand the local lifestyle, get on a cyclo and ride through the streets of the Old Quarter. In the Old Quarter, each street is named after the specific goods once offered for sale at that street. Then, delve deeper into Pho, the street food that is Vietnam’s national dish. Pho is a noodle soup served in a large bowl that can be eaten anywhere in Vietnam at any time of day; this evening, however, you will sample Pho with specially assorted dishes and drinks. Be ready for new experiences awaiting your discovery: Pho Cuon (Pho rolls), Pho ChienPhong (fried Pho), Pho Ap Chao, PhoXao (stir fry Pho) and Pho Tron. Last but not least, you shall explore a most novel way to enjoy Pho: Pho Cocktail. Sipping Pho cocktail, you will taste the blending flavours of sweet, sour, and chilly come together.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Hanoi – Ha Long Bay
Today you will travel by coach to Halong Bay and take a boat trip, cruising past thousands of limestone islands filled with caves of all shapes and sizes, to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders. The sails of junks and sampans gliding along the emerald waters of the bay create a picturesque scene that blends with the sky. You will also have the opportunity to visit some of the hidden grottoes beneath the towering cliffs.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Ha Long Bay – Hoi An
After breakfast, you will be back in Hanoi for a short flight to Danang. Upon arrival, you will join the Danang Panorama tour and visit Marble Mountain for a stunning view. Then you will continue your journey to Hoi An Ancient Town, an important trading route between the 15th and 19th centuries, where traders blended culture, cuisine, and architecture together. Step back in time as you wander the narrow streets of this charming former trading port, with its ancient covered bridges and temples.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Enjoy a leisure day in Hoi An Ancient Town or join our optional tour to Tra Que Organic Garden Excursion. Optional Tour: Half day Tra Que Organic Garden. Get on a bike or get a ride to a local farm located in Tra Que Village. Upon arrival, stroll around the garden and if you wish, you can join the farmers in preparing the land, fertilizing, sowing, watering and harvesting vegetables. At noon, you will join the cooking demonstration of local delicacies like Banh Xeo (salty local pancake). You can then enjoy your lunch at the garden, including the traditional Banh Xeo you cooked at the cooking class. Afterwards, it’s time to relax and pamper your feet by placing it into a wooden basic for a Vietnamese traditional foot massage before heading back to your hotel.
Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City
In the morning, explore Hoi An Ancient Town, including the rich architectural fusion of a 300 year Chinese Temple, 400 year Japanese Covered Bridge and the 200 years old Vietnamese Former Merchant Home. In the afternoon, get a plane for short flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Ho Chi Minh City– Cu Chi Tunnel & City Tour
In the morning, visit the incredible underground Cu Chi tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the long struggle for independence and reunification. In the afternoon, explore Ho Chi Minh City with a visit to the War Remnants Museum, which displays old military equipment and other related items from the Vietnam War. Walk down to see the Notre Dame Cathedral and General Post Office, which are beautiful examples of architecture from the French colonial period. Last but not least, visit the lively Ben Thanh Market.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Ho Chi Minh City
Free day at your leisure or join our optional tour of the Mekong Delta.
Optional Tour: Full Day Mekong Delta Private Excursion. Upon arriving at Ben Tre, you will board a comfortable cruise that will escort you down the Mekong. During the cruise, you’ll have a chance to observe how life plays out on the riverbanks, with its people and stunning landscapes, while your attentive crew serves cold drinks and seasonal fruit. Hop on to the mainland, take a visit to see how locals peel off coconut husk and make coconut-leavesswob—a hands-on and fun experience. Experience local transportation with a tuk-tuk ride, rowing boat, and bike ride through peaceful villages. Lunch is served with Mekong specialties at the riverside restaurant. Relax and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere before transferring back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Pen
Today you will take a luxury bus to Phnom Penh, included is a personal bus manager. On the way, enjoy the scenery of rural life as you pass through small towns and villages. The duration of the trip will depend largely on border crossing, but you should expect a 6-hour journey on average. Upon arrival at the city of Phnom Penh City, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Phnom Penh – City Tour
Today you will explore the stunning Royal Palace complex, home to the Cambodian royal family. Included in this complex is the Silver ‘Pagoda’, named after the 5000 silver tiles covering the floor, each weighing 1kg. Then, head to the former colonial quarters for a look at the gorgeous French colonial-era buildings that have been restored near the Post Office. Continue to visit the Wat Phnom Temple, Phnom Penh’s namesake, from where you can enjoy views over the tree-lined avenues of Phnom Penh. Afterwards, enjoy shopping for unique souvenirs at Central Market.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Free day at leisure or join our optional tour of the Killing Field. Optional Tour: Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum & Killing Field. Today discover the place where journalists camped on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, followed by the exciting ghostly building. Tour the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge prison before heading to the Cheung Ek Killing Field and learning about the atrocities that took place here. Lastly, we end up with street food to taste some Khmer snacks while learning how their bloody history still haunts Cambodian lives.
Phnom Penh Departure
Today you will be transferred to the International airport for your flight back home.
DESTINATIONVietnam is a country in Southeast Asian known for beautiful scenery, serene beaches, amazing street food culture, historic sites, and hospitable people. Here you will discover one of the largest protected Karst (land made of limestone) landscapes in Southeast Asia with sinkholes and caves. Vietnam is also home to six sites, monuments and attractions on the UNESCO World Heritage List including the Complex of Hue Monuments, Ha Long Bay, the ancient ton of Hoi An, My Son Sanctuary, The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, and the Citadel of the Ho Dynasty.
FLIGHTFlights are included in the deal! Preferred Airline Partner: Vietnam Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines
Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
- All domestic transfers are included
WEATHERVietnam has two main seasons; dry season from November to April, and rainy season from May to October. The dry season also divides into cool and hot seasons. The cool season, which is normally from November to February, is the best time to travel. Cambodia has two seasons: one is hot, the other is rainy and hot. Rainy season generally starts in May and lasts till November (when the Tonlé Sap river changes direction) but it’s not a deterrent to doing things. The rain can come down in torrents but usually lasts only an hour or so. The “cool” season is usually between November and February when temperatures drop to the mid 20s.
A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country. We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,500 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
- Shore excursions are listed throughout the itinerary. These can be booked through SNA Tours or on board the cruise. We recommend booking prior to departure to ensure availability. Please keep in mind that you are unable to get off the cruise ship if you unless you are booking a shore excursion. Optional Tours: Hanoi Street Food ($59), Hoi An Tra Que Organic Garden ($59), Mekong Delta ($109), Bangkok Grand Palace ($79) & Floating Marketing ($139)
- Otherwise, excursions can be individually bought for $85pp from SNA Tour or onboard