- Included international return flights to Thailand with Tiger Airways or similar
- My Discoveries exclusive discount – save up to $400
- Encounter the giant reclining Buddha at Bangkok’s oldest and largest temple, visit a jade factory in Chiang Mai, peruse historic sites in Thailand’s first capital, Sukhothai
- Sep: 03, 04, 11, 14, 25
- Oct: 01, 02, 08, 09, 10, 12, 16, 17, 23, 24, 26, 29
- Nov: 01, 02, 05, 06, 09, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30
- Dec: 02, 03, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31
- Jan: 01, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 11, 13, 18, 20, 28, 30, 31
- Feb: 04, 05, 06, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29
- Mar: 01, 02, 04
- Day 1: Depart for Thailand
- Day 2: Bangkok City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3: Full Day in Bangkok / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 4: Travel to Ayutthaya, Ayutthaya City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Travel to Sukhothai, Sukhothai Historical Park / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 6: Travel to Chiang Rai / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 7: Mae Sai Border Town & Golden Triangle / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 8: Travel to Chiang Mai / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 9: Full Day in Chiang Mai / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 10: Chiang Mai City & Temples Tour, Dinner at Private Home / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 11: Flight to Bangkok / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 12: Depart Thailand / Meals: Breakfast
- Bangkok: Movenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok or similar
- Ayutthaya: Kantary Hotel
- Sukhothai: Sukhothai Heritage Resort
- Chiang Rai: The Riverie by Katathani
- Chiang Mai: Movenpick Suriwongse Hotel Chiang Mai
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: Multiple departure dates in 2019.
- Advertised price based on a 02 Nov 2019 departure from Sydney at time of publishing.
- Advertised price may vary and is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- Airlines are subject to best available at the time of confirmation or may change depending on date of departure.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance, meals not mentioned and items of a personal nature
Book your holiday now by purchasing online at www.mydiscoveries.com.au or calling us on 1300 404 606
Depart for Thailand
Bangkok City Tour
Full Day in Bangkok
Optional: Half Day Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha (AM)
Optional: Siam Niramit Show & Dinner (PM)
Travel to Ayutthaya, Ayutthaya City Tour
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Travel to Sukhothai, Sukhothai Historical Park
Travel to Chiang Rai
Mae Sai Border Town & Golden Triangle
Explore this city that remained completely isolated from the world until the 1920s. Travel to the border town of Mae Sai, at the tip of Thailand. At this border crossing, arrangements may be made to enter Myanmar*. Ascend to the hilltop viewpoint to see the famous “Golden Triangle” of Southeast Asia – meeting point of the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. The locals call it “Sop Ruak”, as this is also where the Mekong meets the Ruak River. Savor a locally prepared lunch in a nearby farming village. Later, a short cruise then takes you along the banks of the Mekong to the small island of Don Sao in Laos; leisure time at the lively markets before returning to Thailand. Continue to the dramatic House of Opium at Golden Triangle Park, offering an informative exhibition on the history of opium which dates back almost 5000 years before returning to Chiang Rai for overnight *Entering Myanmar (Burma) requires a border crossing fee of approx US$40, payable locally. The opportunity to cross the border will depend on local conditions and cannot be guaranteed. If the border crossing is not possible, alternate arrangements will be made.MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Travel to Chiang Mai
Optional: Half Day Mae Salong Hill Tribe (AM)MEALS: Breakfast
Full Day in Chiang Mai
Morning is at leisure to explore Chiang Mai independently or, join the optional Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden, established in 1993, as the first botanical garden in Thailand. Stroll through the lush grounds covered with exotic types of trees, plants and flowers. After your visit, stop for lunch at a local restaurant before returning to your hotel. In the afternoon, visit Sankampang Street, center of handicrafts, for on-site demonstrations on how the silk, lacquer, silver, wood and bronze wares are made. At the end of the day, pamper yourself with an optional Thai massage.Optional: Half Day Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden with lunch (AM) Optional: Traditional Thai Massage
Chiang Mai City & Temples Tour, Dinner at Private Home
Flight to Bangkok
Depart Chiang Mai this morning on your flight to Bangkok; arrive and transfer to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure to enjoy all of the delights of Bangkok on your own. Shop to your heart’s content, visit to the many amazing markets, and try some of the fabulous restaurants in this energetic city.MEALS: Breakfast
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
FLIGHT Flights included in the deal!
TRANSFER All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
WEATHER Thailand’s climate is tropical with a mean annual temperature of 28°C and high humidity. There are three distinct seasons – the hot season from March to May, the cool season from November to February and the rainy season from about June to October.
VISA We do not issue visas for overseas travel and cannot provide definitive information on visas. Only the countries you plan to visit can provide up-to-date information about their visa requirements. For all countries, contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit well in advance of travel. Not all countries have representation in Australia. For a list of all countries visa requirements Click Here
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need? We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries? MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed? Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking? If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
When will I receive my tour documentation? This one depends on the tour operator.
What type of clothes should I bring? Bring comfortable walking shoes, a sweater, clothes you can layer, an all-weather jacket, and an umbrella.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do? If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be? We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level. Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan? At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly installment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries? Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE