- Visit Sofia’s National Museum of History with its exhibits dating back 8000 years in Bulgaria
- Tour historic Nis, an important crossroad between Central Europe and the Middle East
- Tour of historic Belgrade includes the Kalemegdan Fortress and Saint Sava Temple
- Discover Novi Sad, an eclectic mix of Serbian culture and Austro-Hungarian architecture
- Tour Sighisoara, the best-preserved medieval city in Southeastern Europe in Romania
- Travel to “Dracula’s Castle” surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend
- Visit the Patriarchal church of Bucharest, considered one of the most beautiful cathedrals of Romania
TRAVEL DATES Departures in 2020:
- Apr: 29
- May: 02, 06, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27
- Jun: 03, 17, 19, 24, 26
- Jul: 01, 15
- Aug: 05, 12, 19, 26
- Sep: 02, 04, 09, 16, 23, 25, 30
- Day 1: Depart for Bulgaria
- Day 2: Arrive in Sofia / Meals: Dinner
- Day 3: Sofia City Tour/ Meals: Breakfast
- Day 4: Nis en Route to Belgrade / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5: Belgrade City Tour / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 6: Tour Novi Sad & Timisoara / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7: Depart for Sibiu, Visit Hunedoara en Route / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8: Tour Sibiu & Sighisoara, Travel to Brasov / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 9: Tour Bran Castle / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 10: Peles Castle & Sinaia Monastery en Route to Bucharest / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 11: Bucharest City Tour / Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 12: Depart Romania / Meals: Breakfast
- Sofia: InterContinental Sofia
- Belgrade: Hotel Moskva
- Timisoara: Hotel Timisoara
- Sibiu: Continental Forum Sibiu, Ramada Sibiu Hotel
- Brasov: Hotel Aro Palace
- Bucharest: Athenee Palace Hilton
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: Multiple departures dates in 2020
- Advertised price based on a 29 Apr 2020 departure from Sydney at time of publishing.
- Advertised price may vary and is subject to availability at time of booking.
- My Discoveries Exclusive Saving / Discount has been applied to the advertised price
- Itinerary based on a Sunday Departure. Your itinerary will change depending upon the day of the week you depart.
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- Airlines are subject to best available at the time of confirmation or may change depending on date of departure.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance, meals not mentioned and items of a personal nature.
VISA INFORMATION A visa gives a non-citizen permission to enter and stay in a certain country. MyDiscoveries cannot issue visas for your trip. You will need to research Visa requirements and contact the nearest embassy or consulate. Australian Government’s travel advice service smartraveller.gov.au is a good place to start. Read more Visa information here.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Depart for Bulgaria
Arrive in Sofia
Sofia City Tour
Nis en Route to Belgrade
Belgrade City Tour
Tour Novi Sad & Timisoara
Depart for Sibiu, Visit Hunedoara en Route
Tour Sibiu & Sighisoara, Travel to Brasov
Tour Bran Castle
Travel south to fabled Bran Castle, surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend, commonly known as “Dracula’s Castle.” Perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to the commanding towers and turrets as well as to the myth created around Bram Stocker’s character, Count Dracula. Tour the castle, that now serves as a museum displaying art and furniture collected by Queen Marie. Return to Brasov with the remainder of the day at leisureMeals: Breakfast
Peles Castle & Sinaia Monastery en Route to Bucharest
Bucharest City Tour
- Flights Australia-Sofia, Bucharest-Australia included!
- All transfers are included in the deal!
- Eastern Europe enjoys a predominantly moderate climate, with four clearly marked seasons. Local climate differences are determined primarily by the diversity of the relief and proximity to the Adriatic Sea.
VISA A visa gives a non-citizen permission to enter and stay in a certain country. MyDiscoveries cannot issue visas for your trip. You will need to research Visa requirements and contact the nearest embassy or consulate. Australian Government’s travel advice service smartraveller.gov.au is a good place to start. Read more Visa information here.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need? We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries? MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed? Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
How do I book optional tours? This depends on the supplier. Bookings for optional tours can only be made once your tour has been paid in full and the supplier has opened up the booking capability in their system (typically this is around 6 months before departure).
- Full Day Istrian Peninsula (AUD$100)
- Home Hosted Dinner at Dubelj (AUD$82)
- Tour of Radovljica with dinner (AUD$84)
- Lake Bohinj, the Alpine Beauty (AUD$82)
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking? If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
When will I receive my tour documentation? This one depends on the tour operator.
What type of clothes should I bring? Bring comfortable walking shoes, a sweater, clothes you can layer and an all-weather jacket. Some religious sites may require modest dress to enter (no shorts, short skirts, or sleeveless tops).
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do? If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be? We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level. Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan? At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly installment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries? Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE