- Return international airfares with a full service airline, including 23kgs checked luggage.
- Ride the bullet train from Kyoto to Nagoya, marvel at Mount Fuji, pay homage to lives lost in Hiroshima, visit temples, tea houses, gardens and famous landmarks such as the Golden Pavilion & relax and stroll through Nara Park, observing the 1200 free roaming deer who call it home
- All breakfasts included
- Nov: 15
- Day 1: Australia – Osaka (Kansai)
- Day 2: Osaka (Kansai)
- Day 3: Osaka – Himeji – Hiroshima / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 4: Hiroshima – Osaka / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 5: Osaka – Nara – Kyoto / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 6: Kyoto – Shizuoka / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 7: Shizuoka – Mount Fuji – Tokyo / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 8: Tokyo / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 9: Tokyo – Australia / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 10: Australia
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Valid for travel: Multiple departure dates in 2019.
- Advertised price based on a 18 Oct & 15 Nov 2019 departure from Sydney or Melbourne at time of publishing.
- $300 to add for departure from Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth.
- Some flights might depart 1 day later.
- Advertised price may vary and is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Subject to availability at time of booking for new bookings only.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee. We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you have booked your travel dates so you have protection against emergency cancellations that might be needed.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover.
- Once your MyDiscoveries Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the MyDiscoveries Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The MyDiscoveries team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance, meals not mentioned and items of a personal nature
VISA INFORMATION A visa gives a non-citizen permission to enter and stay in a certain country. MyDiscoveries cannot issue visas for your trip. You will need to research Visa requirements and contact the nearest embassy or consulate. Australian Government’s travel advice service smartraveller.gov.au is a good place to start. Read more Visa information here
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Australia - Osaka
Arrive at Osaka’s Kansai International Airport (KIX) and meet a tour representative for the transfer to the hotel.
Osaka - Himeji - Hiroshima
After breakfast we make the trip to the moving city of Hiroshima. Largely destroyed when the first atomic bomb was dropped over Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, the city became known worldwide for this unenviable distinction. Enroute, we stop inHimeji to visit the castle. The castle was registered in 1993 as one of the first UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the country. Enjoy your time here before heading to Hiroshima.MEALS: Breakfast
Hiroshima - Osaka
We begin with the Peace Memorial Parkand Atomic Bomb Museum, which commemorates the victims of the atomic bomb used in WWII. Then visit the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima, where you can see the torii gate on the water at high tide. After we make our way back to Osaka.MEALS: Breakfast
Osaka - Nara - Kyoto
Kyoto - Shizuoka
Shizuoka - Mount Fuji - Tokyo
Tokyo - Australia
At the appropriate time, you will be transferred to the airport for your homeward flight.MEALS: Breakfast
Arrive Australia today.
- Japan is a very popular country as it is one of the safest and cleanest countries in the world! Moreover, Japan has a lot to offer with its rich and diverse culture throughout the centuries.
- Touch down in Osaka and venture across the moat to see the city’s castle. Pay your respects in the city of Hiroshima. See the floating tori gate in the iconic Miyajima. Travel by bullet train to Kyoto, Japan’s former capital city, and weave between temples, shrines, palaces and gardens. Lucky travellers may even spot a geisha. Get caught up in the fast pace, neon flights and bright streets of Tokyo.
- Admire the lofty, snow-capped peak of Mt. Fuji and be treated to breath-taking views of the surrounding landscape. See heritage samurai residences, traditional Japanese villages, and historic town districts. Take one of Japan’s most famous castles in Matusmoto and look out for the freely roaming deer in Nara Park.
- Departures from Sydney, Melbourne: China Southern Airlines
- Departures from Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide: Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
- Read more CLICK HERE
- March, April and May is springtime in Japan. Sakura season, commonly known as cherry blossom season, occurs during this time.
- Mid-March to mid-April are the most common viewing times for cherry blossom viewing, however, this can vary yearly.
- Japan is also known for its beautiful red maple leaves from October to November during the Autumn season.
VISA A visa gives a non-citizen permission to enter and stay in a certain country. MyDiscoveries cannot issue visas for your trip. You will need to research Visa requirements and contact the nearest embassy or consulate. Australian Government’s travel advice service smartraveller.gov.au is a good place to start. Read more Visa information here.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Are there any health precautions or vaccinations that I need? We recommend you see your doctor at least six weeks prior to travel to get their advice and to allow time for any necessary vaccinations.
Can I arrange my flights with MyDiscoveries? MyDiscoveries is a full-service travel agency and we can arrange flights to any destination. Call us on 1300 404 606 to get a personalised quote.
Do I need travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you – call us on 1300 404 606
Can MyDiscoveries organise my travel insurance? We always recommend that you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed. MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote at competitive rates for you – call us on 1300 404 606
When will my booking be confirmed? Once your MyDiscoveries holiday voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by a member of the MyDiscoveries Reservations team. MyDiscoveries will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates and will send you an email to confirm your booking information. If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy. When booking in to your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements.
What is the cancellation procedure? / Can I cancel or make changes to my booking? If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, contact the MyDiscoveries Reservations team on 1300 404 606. Once we have received your verbal request for cancellation we will ask you to confirm the request in writing (email or post is fine) so that we can accurately start processing the cancellation. Make sure you include your travel voucher number and traveller names when requesting and confirming the cancellation. Please be aware that the travel operator may impose cancellation fees. In addition, MyDiscoveries will charge a AUD $100 per person cancellation fee for cancellations outside our 30 Day Booking Guarantee period.
When will I receive my tour documentation? This one depends on the tour operator.
What type of clothes should I bring? Bring comfortable walking shoes, a sweater, clothes you can layer, an all-weather jacket, and an umbrella.
I haven’t received my MyDiscoveries voucher yet. What do I do? If you have not received your voucher contact MyDiscoveries on 1300 404 606 and we will resend your voucher by email or post.
How fit do I need to be? We have graded all MyDiscoveries products with a fitness level. Relaxed, Moderate & Active. For more information on the MyDiscoveries Fitness Levels CLICK HERE
How do I take advantage of the 5 monthly payments plan? At time of booking online, you should be able to select our 5 monthly installment plan as a payment option. If booking over the phone, please mention you wish to pay in 5 monthly payments and our team will ensure this is set up. This is a free of charge service that allows you to pay off your holiday in 5 equal payments. How does it work? Pay only 1/5th of the total of your Holiday at time of booking. Your remaining 4 payments will be taken automatically from the same credit card on the same day of the next 4 months. Easy!
Where can I find the full terms and conditions for MyDiscoveries? Specific terms and conditions for each holiday can be found in the Fine Print section of every holiday. Full terms and condition for My Discoveries can be found HERE