Multiple dates in 2019
Discover the beauty of China and explore multiple Chinese provinces as you cruise the majestic Yangtze River in comfort and style with state-of-the-art facilities and cabins. Prior to your cruise, visit Chengdu Panda Sanctuary and Breeding Program for the opportunity to see the country’s highly revered panda up close. Discover the city on Chengdu on a City Tour as you visit famous walking streets.
TRAVEL DATESPLEASE NOTE: Due to flight schedule and departing times, you may depart one day earlier or later. All dates in bold require a high season surcharge July 23, and all Sep.
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
- Amazing opportunity to see the famous Pandas of Chengdu Sanctuary
- Four-night luxury cruise on the magnificent Yangtze River
- International flights included from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane
All domestic and international transfers in China
15 meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
6 nights’ accommodation in 4- or 5-star hotels
Private coach transportation with air conditioning
Experienced, English speaking guides
2019 Travel dates
- May: 07, 14, 21, 28
- Jun: 04
- Jul: 23
- Aug: 13, 20, 27
- Sep: 03, 10, 17, 24
- Oct: 08, 15, 22, 29
- Nov: 05, 12, 19, 26
- Day 1 Arrive in Chengdu
- Day 2 Chengdu – Chengdu City Tour
- Day 3 Chengdu – Free Day
- Day 4 Panda Sanctuary
- Day 5 Chengdu – Yichang
- Day 6 Yangtze River Cruise – Three Gorges Dam
- Day 7 Yangtze River Cruise – Lesser Three Gorges
- Day 8 Yangtze River Cruise – Fengdu Ghost City
- Day 9- 10 Depart Chongqing
- Chengdu – Chengdu High Tech Holiday Inn or similar
- Yangtze River Cruise – Gold 6# or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2018 & 2019 available to choose from.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking. Rest assured, should your dates not be available, the Booking Guarantee applies.
- Dates are subject to availability at time of booking. We recommend you be quick to redeem your holiday and increase your chances of getting your preferred dates locked in!
- Voucher is for one person based on single or twin /double occupancy.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- A service charge of AUD $350 applies if any change is made after the booking has been confirmed and the vouchers have been redeemed.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees.
- The tour is non-refundable after your air ticket has been issued.
- Children: There is no child discount on this tour deal, however, they can come on the tour if they pay the adult fare. Adults must supervise children responsibly during all excursions and the tour.
- Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, we will book an alternate and inform you about the supplement/reduction in costs.
- We cannot provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate a special request Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover. Members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy – simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), single supplement upgrades, add-ons and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item
To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa. A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Arrive in Chengdu from Australia
Begin your journey with your international flight to Chengdu. Upon arrival at the Chengdu International Airport, you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The remaining day is free for your individual activities. Get a good night’s sleep in your hotel ahead of your journey tomorrow.
Chengdu - Chengdu City Tour
Today, you will have fun with your tour manager to a Chengdu City tour, during the tour you will head to the Jinli Old Street and Kuan & Zhai Aelly; an area unique for its fusion of ancient and modern China. The shop keepers and waiters dress in traditional style clothing, making this street feel as though you have stepped back in time. Spend the afternoon perusing the old street at your leisure before heading back to the hotel. MEALS: Breakfast
Chengdu - Free Day
Explore the Chengdu or join the optional tour with your local guide for Leshan Giant Buddha tour. Today’s optional tours: The Leshan Giant Buddha is a 71-metre-tall stone statue that has been carved out of the side of a towering cliff face. It is the largest stone Buddha in the world and it is by far the tallest pre-modern statue in the world. MEALS: Breakfast
Today, you will visit the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, famous for its breeding program and home of the Giant
Pandas and their gorgeous cousins, the Red Pandas. Later, you can join a selection of optional tour with our experienced local guide.
Today’s special meal: You may enjoy an optional Sichuan cuisine – Hotpot.
Chengdu - Yichang
Today you will be transferred from Chengdu to Yichang. Upon arrival, you will board the Yangtze River Cruise ship and begin your memorable 4-night cruise down the Yangtze River.
MEALS: Breakfast, Dinner
Yangtze River Cruise - Three Gorges Dam
Start the morning with an exercise on board in the presence of the beautiful Gorges. Spend your day out on an optional excursion or relax on board the cruise ship. This evening you will return to the ship and attend the Captain’s Welcome Banquet and enjoy the evening entertainment with a Chinese dancing ball. Optional Activity: Excursion – Three Gorges Dam Site The Three Gorges Dam Site is one of the largest construction projects undertaken by mankind and is the biggest hydropower project in the world. Optional Activity: Excursion – Tribe of the Three Gorges You may also want to visit the Tribe of the Three gorges, the only large scenic spot that has not been influenced by the Three Gorges Dam project, which showcases the abundant Ba Culture and Shu Culture.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Yangtze River Cruise - Lesser Three Gorges
Today, you may choose to embark on the exciting optional excursions or opt for a leisure day on board the ship. The afternoon will see you continuing to cruise into the western section of Xiling Gorge. Optional Activity: Excursion – Lesser Three Gorges: Explore the Lesser Three Gorges, a shining pearl hidden in remote mountains. You will leave your cruise ship and board smaller vessels to sail through the narrower and breathtaking Lesser Three Gorges region, lined by sheer cliffs and mountains. Along the Yangtze River, you will appreciate the beauty of the Qutang Gorge and Wu Gorge and visit the ancient plank road, Mengliang Stairway and the Hanging Coffins.
Optional Activity: Excursion – White Emperor City: You may also choose the optional excursion to visit the White Emperor City, an ancient temple that is located atop Baidi Mountain on the northern bank of the Yangtze River in Fengjie County.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Yangtze River Cruise - Fengdu Ghost City
Today you will pass through the mountains of Eastern Sichuan. Participate in the optional excursion or relax by the pool, pamper yourself with a massage and make the most of the last full day on your ship. Tonight, enjoy the farewell dinner and pack your bags in preparation for disembarking tomorrow.
Optional Activity: Excursion – Fengdu Ghost City: Today’s optional excursion is the Fengdu Ghost City to see why it’s regarded as the “City of Ghosts.” The temples built on Ming Mountain depict the punish instruments and demon paintings, demonstrating the Chinese people’s imagination of hell.
Optional Activity: Excursion – Shibaozhai Shibaozhai is a 12-story wooden pagoda built against the rock in the 18th century. It is located in Zhong County on the south bank of the Yangtze River. There are steles and inscriptions of past dynasties on each floor. Visitors may also appreciate the spectacular Yangtze River from the windows of each floor during climbing.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
9 - 10
Flight from Chongqing to Australia
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. We hope you enjoyed your journey to China with us!
DESTINATIONChina is a wonderful country in terms of culture, history and food. You will never be bored and you will be immersed in an atmosphere, which is far from our standards. Read more about China CLICK HERE
THE SHIP Yangtze Gold 6 is one of the latest sightseeing ships on the Yangtze River. Yangtze Gold 6 was built in 2012 and offer comfortable facilities onboard such as open-air golf course, pedestrian street, outdoor swimming pool, open-air barbecue, double-layer theatre, billiards and wifi is available in common areas. Guest staterooms feature a private bathroom; television and other cruise ship amenities. Every stateroom aboard the Yangtze Gold 6 opens onto a private balcony for unparalleled views of the gently passing river scenery. Optional excursion can but purchased on board or prior to departure through the tour operator SNA.
- Departures from Sydney & Melbourne: China Southern Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Air China and Xiamen Airlines
- Departures from Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide: Sichuan Airline, China, Southern Airline, Air China, Xiamen Airlines
Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.
- All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
- China is a huge country with diverse climates.
- Spring, from March to May, and Autumn, from September to early November, are the best months to travel.
- To enter China, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
- A full visa must be obtained prior to travel. The website of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Australia has detailed information on the eligibility of Australians for various visa types and is linked above.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy
How do I book shore excursions?
- Shore excursions are listed throughout the itinerary. These can be booked through SNA Tours or on board the cruise. We recommend booking prior to departure to ensure availability. Please keep in mind that you are unable to get off the cruise ship if you unless you are booking a shore excursion.
Can I take alcohol on my cruise?
- Yes, you are able to take alcohol on board
What will I pay for on board?
- You are able to purchase additional drinks packages and dining packages onboard.