Multiple dates in 2018 & 2019
- International flights to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide included
- Discover culture and gastronomy while visiting cities Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An
- Reduced single supplement – only AUD $400 per person
International roundtrip airfares
All domestic and international transfers
Round trip to and from the airport
Private coach transport with air conditioning
English speaking guides
15 meals: 8 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 2 dinners
8 nights’ accommodation
2 internal flights: Hanoi –Danang, Danang– Saigon
Departure dates in 2019:
- May: 08, 15, 29
- Jun: 05, 19
- Aug: 21, 28
- Sep: 11, 25
- Oct: 09, 16, 23, 30
- Nov: 06, 13, 20
- Day 1 Arrive in Hanoi from Australia
- Day 2 Hanoi / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Day 3 Hanoi, Halong Bay / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Day 4 Halong Bay, Hanoi/ Meals: Breakfast.
- Day 5 Hanoi, Danang, Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 6 Hoi An / Meals: Breakfast.
- Day 7 Hoi An, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 8 Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast
- Day 9-10 Cu Chi Tunnels, Depart Ho Chi Minh City / Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- Hanoi: Flower Garden Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay: Halong Paradise Hotel or similar
- Hoi An: Hoi An Garden Palace or similar
- Saigon: Eden Saigon Hotel or similar
WHY BOOK WITH MYDISCOVERIES?
At MyDiscoveries we want to help you make ‘one day’, today. Whether you’re into cruising or glamping, or if you’d prefer to holiday at home or abroad, we’re driven to make your holiday dreams come true. With over 20 years of travel experience, you can be sure we can create the right holiday for you. Can’t find what you’re looking for on our site? Call us on 1300 404 606 and one of our travel consultants can create an incredible package for you.
|The MyDiscoveries 30 Day Booking Guarantee means that if you can’t get the travel dates you want within 30 days of buying the voucher, we’ll give you your money back|
|Pay over 5 x monthly, interest-free instalments. Credit card holders can spread their payments over 5 months on all MyDiscoveries holidays|
- Multiple departure dates in 2018 & 2019 available to choose from.
- Please note all dates are subject to availability at time of booking. Rest assured, should your dates not be available, the Booking Guarantee applies.
- Dates are subject to availability at time of booking. We recommend you be quick to redeem your holiday and increase your chances of getting your preferred dates locked in!
- Voucher is for one person based on single or twin /double occupancy.
- Valid for sales unless sold out prior.
- A service charge of AUD $350 applies if any change is made after the booking has been confirmed and the vouchers have been redeemed.
- If you need to cancel your trip after travel has been confirmed, the travel operator may impose cancellation fees.
- The tour is non-refundable after your air ticket has been issued.
- Children: There is no child discount on this tour deal, however, they can come on the tour if they pay the adult fare. Adults must supervise children responsibly during all excursions and the tour.
- Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, we will book an alternate and inform you about the supplement/reduction in costs.
- We cannot provide a refund if we are unable to accommodate a special request Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic condition and other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel insurance not included, customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover. Members receive 10% off any travel insurance policy – simply mention the promo code: DISCOVERY10.
- Our valued up to pricing in our offers are based on the ‘rack rate’ of the room and the inclusions at the time of publication of the offer (that’s hotel-speak for ‘Recommended Retail Price’). Supplier pricing /charges are dynamic and therefore constantly changing depending on peak seasons, low seasons and events so we use the rack rate which is consistent year round and 100% verifiable. The value and comparative savings have been determined based on the supplier’s shared rack rates and the value of inclusions. Rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of value.
- Excludes: visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), single supplement upgrades, add-ons and excursions, anything not listed above i.e.: laundry, personal item
To enter Vietnam, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
Using official Government of Vietnam services to arrange your visa is recommended. This can be found through The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam linked here. Use the Government of Vietnam’s online information portal to access official visa information, including the type of visa you should apply for. Alternatively you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more details or to arrange a visa.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, BUY ONLINE AT WWW.MYDISCOVERIES.COM.AU or CALL 1300 404 606
Arrive in Hanoi from Australia
Begin your journey by embarking on your international flight from Australia to Hanoi. Upon arrival at Noi Bai International Airport, you will be met by your tour manager and be transferred to your hotel. Take some time to relax and prepare for your full day tour tomorrow.
Today you will embark on a city tour featuring Hanoi’s most famous sites including; Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (outside view), One Pillar Pagoda, and the Temple of Literature – Vietnam’s first university. Enjoy a cyclo ride around the Old Quarter in the afternoon and appreciate the local lifestyles as you wind through Hanoi’s streets. Afterwards, enjoy a Water Puppet Show – a traditional form of Vietnamese folk art, before tonight’s welcome dinner.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Hanoi, Halong Bay
Travel by coach to Halong Bay and take a boat trip to explore one of the world’s great natural wonders, cruising past thousands of limestone islands filled with caves of all shapes and sizes. The sails of junk boats and sampans gliding along the emerald waters of the bay create a picturesque scene. You will also have the opportunity to visit some of the hidden grottoes beneath the towering cliffs. Before heading back to the hotel you will have the opportunity shop for souvenirs.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Halong Bay, Hanoi
Enjoy a morning of leisure or join an optional food tour to sample tasty local delicacies. Later you will be transferred back to Hanoi.
Hanoi, Danang, Hoi An
Today, you will take a morning flight to Danang. Upon arrival, transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Hoi An, stopping en-route at the Marble Mountains to enjoy the stunning view of Danang. An important trading route between the 15th and 19th centuries, Hoi An is a unique blend of culture, cuisine and architecture. Step back in time as you wander the narrow streets of this charming former trading port, with its ancient covered bridges and temples.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
Explore Hoi An on foot, visiting an old merchant’s home, the Japanese Covered Bridge, Hoi An Market and a local Chinese temple. Enjoy an afternoon of leisure to wander through the town or relax at one of the many cafés along the picturesque Thu Bon River.
Hoi An, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
Today you will fly to Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon). Upon arrival, enjoy a city tour that includes; Notre Dame Cathedral, City Hall, Central Post Office and Ben Thanh Market.
MEALS: Breakfast and Lunch
Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta
Today you are free to discover the local life in the bustling city of Ho Chi Minh at your own pace. Join the optional Mekong Delta River Cruise. On the tour, you will travel to Ben Tre to discover the unique lifestyle of inhabitants living along the Mekong Delta. Visit fruit and bonsai gardens, a coconut candy workshop and a rice paper mill. Bike ride or travel by horse carriage along the village road and enjoy local delicacies and tropical fruits, before you head back to Saigon in the afternoon. Note: Lunch is included on the day tour to the Mekong Delta.
Cu Chi Tunnels, Depart Ho Chi Minh City back to Australia
Today, you will have a half day tour visiting Cu Chi Tunnels. At its height, the tunnel system stretched more than 250km from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centres and kitchens. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction, giving visitors a feel for what life was like during the Vietnam War. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before transferring to Saigon for your scheduled flight home. You will arrive in Australia the following day.
MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch
DESTINATIONVietnam is well-known for their amazing natural landscapes and historic landmarks! This Vietnam tour will enable you to visit the main Vietnam attractions such as the One Pillar Pagoda or the Temple of Literature.
- Departures from Sydney & Melbourne: China Southern or Vietnam Airlines
- Departures from Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide: China Southern Airlines, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines
Please note: Airlines cannot be confirmed until three weeks prior to departure and changes in airline may be made to accommodate tour requirements.TRANSFER
- All domestic transfers are included
MYDISCOVERIES VIP PACK
- Start your holiday before you’ve even stepped on the plane with MyDiscoveries exclusive VIP package.
- Arrive at Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane airport in the comfort and style of a privately chauffeured luxury SUV or sedan, complete with complimentary water and WiFi.
- Relax and unwind away from the usual airport hustle and bustle with premium lounge access complete with an array of amazing facilities at your disposal.
- Vietnam has two main seasons; dry season from November to April, and rainy season from May to October.
- The dry season also divides into cool and hot seasons. The cool season, which is normally from November to February, is the best time to travel.
- To enter Vietnam, Australian passport holders must have a valid and appropriate visa.
- Using official Government of Vietnam services to arrange your visa is recommended. This can be found through The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam linked here. Use the Government of Vietnam’s online information portal to access official visa information, including the type of visa you should apply for. Alternatively you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central directly for more details or to arrange a visa.
- MyDiscoveries can arrange a personalised travel insurance quote for you.
- Call us on 1300 404 606 and quote Discovery10 for a 10% discount.
Once you have purchased your voucher, you will automatically get an email from My Discoveries reconfirming next steps including completing your SNA online booking form. You can also contact us on 1300 404 606 and we will happily assist you with purchasing your holiday online or over the phone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination.Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This My Discoveries Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Should you wish SNA to organise visas for you, SNA will be processing your visa in bulk, based on travel tour dates and group sizes. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- My Discoveries and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling. Once the 30-day period ends a minimum of $350 SNA Tours & $100 My Discoveries fees apply per person & will be charged to cover administrative costs incurred.
- Once airtickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact My Discoveries and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. My Discoveries strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email email@example.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when traveling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,500 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.